Author Topic: NDSU In-Game Thread  (Read 29176 times)

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU In-Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2018, 06:08:02 PM »
Mays hurt again....

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2018, 06:08:43 PM »
Bison drop our QB using only 3 men up front. Hey Bo, let me repeat that ...Bison drop our QB using only 3 men up front.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2018, 06:15:51 PM »
Bison drop our QB using only 3 men up front. Hey Bo, let me repeat that ...Bison drop our QB using only 3 men up front.

They only need to bring one if we keep leaving that LT out there 1-1 with any DE.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
Very proud of the penguins effort. I just don't understand our offensive philosophy. I realize we have problems at the tackle positions and lack some big time wide receivers. What's wrong with a blocking back in the backfield on passing plays? McAster with 8 carries and Turner with 1? Of those how many were straight ahead handoffs? 22 carries for Mays why? One play action all day and it worked..Shane Montgomery is sadly missed
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:53:51 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2018, 07:11:45 PM »
Good defensive effort today. They played with some intensity.
Offense left at least 13 points on the field. I hope we develop a QB for next year.
A much better effort than last week.
I am ready for basketball.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »
Good point Fever. We ran everything up that middle gap (Which is why teams have been figuring us out in the second quarter for the last 4-weeks). Today, NDSU started to blitz that gap & we ran MCaster over and for a nice gain. Never saw the call again. We were at 3rd and long, so he did not get 18-yards on the carry, but it deserved another shot at normal down & distance. Also without an explosive TB (Ala Cook), we need Mays in there ...even though VG has progressed beyond him by virtue of the arm. We ran #26 to the short-side behind the line. He did not quite make the edge, so why did we not try it again to the opposite side? I think of the tremendous run variations that coach Shane ran.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:23:16 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2018, 07:59:04 PM »
Fire the entire coaching staff. They are high school level. Especially Crist. What qualifies him to be an OC ? Seriously.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »
Not painting with a broad brush here but we sure have more than our share of fake fans.

Seems that the rumors of an impending blowout were just rumors.

Worked a fund raiser at the church today but from what I was able to watch it seemed like a decent effort.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »
Fire the entire coaching staff. They are high school level. Especially Crist. What qualifies him to be an OC ? Seriously.
The same thing that gives Freddie Kitchens the right to call plays for the Browns tomorrow NOTHING..Chief we all had deep concerns when Carl and Shane both left just never thought it would be this bad. Bo however felt comfortable going forward with the staff he had and promoted from within, so it's his problem as far as I'm concerned. If Carl and Shane were both here I'm comfortable to say we would be know worse then 6-3 possibly 7-2 at this point in the season

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
The offense has zero identity. When mays is your leading rusher and rushing attempt leader is absolutely baffling. Terrible.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2018, 07:12:29 AM »
Check out @NDSUfootball’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1058809418807042048?s=09 This is the 4th and 1 from our opening drive. Personally I think we got a bad spot, but what else is wrong with this play other then the RB missing the block?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:23:24 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »
Just wondered who called the defense yesterday. In Bo's press conference it sounded like he might have

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »
Check out @NDSUfootball’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1058809418807042048?s=09 This is the 4th and 1 from our opening drive. Personally I think we got a bad spot, but what else is wrong with this play other then the RB missing the block?

Not seeing what you are hinting at? What am I missing?

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »
  The offensive scheme and play calling is broken.  McCaster only 8 carries?   Mays carrying the ball 24 times, he would never make it through a season.  At the end of the half is on the coaches, Mays has to be told over and over, if receiver open in end zone take a shot, if not, throw it away and kick the field goal.  Even if it is a first down at the 2 or 3 yard line, YSU had no timeouts.  Still would have to spike for field goal.  Brian Crist is lost as the coordinator.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2018, 09:50:19 AM »
  The offensive scheme and play calling is broken.  McCaster only 8 carries?   Mays carrying the ball 24 times, he would never make it through a season.  At the end of the half is on the coaches, Mays has to be told over and over, if receiver open in end zone take a shot, if not, throw it away and kick the field goal.  Even if it is a first down at the 2 or 3 yard line, YSU had no timeouts.  Still would have to spike for field goal.  Brian Crist is lost as the coordinator.

I think the issue there is on-field leadership. Shuffling of players. Why were not all of the field generals (there are 4 of them) yelling down and distance as every peewee player is taught? Mays made the error, but he should have heard "4th-down" several times before he even got to the line. The score board was also wrong.