Author Topic: Duquesne renovating AJ Palumbo Center  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Duquesne renovating AJ Palumbo Center
« on: October 23, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »
I've always considered the Palumbo Center very similar to Beeghly Center.  Duquesne announced plans today to completely renovate the Palumbo Center.  It's not going to be very big but it will look nice.  I wish YSU would completely renovate Beeghly.

https://duquesneathleticsfacilityrenovation.com/renovation-plan/index.html

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Duquesne renovating AJ Palumbo Center
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:24:50 PM »
$45 million ? No chance in hell over here lol.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 09:21:36 AM »
$45 million ? No chance in hell over here lol.
You can count on the blog for the negative response to any situation. If Duquesne can do it, YSU can certainly do it.  You seriously underestimate President Tressel as a fund raiser.  I'm not sure Beeghly is his first funding priority, but when he gets the point it is, he'll raise the money!   All you need do is look at the campus he took over, compared to the way it looks today, then review the financial statue when he took over, and where it is today, and THEN look at the endowed funds growth over the same.  Our only concern should be JT's retirement! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:12 AM »
They will never raise 45 million dollars. Just won't happen unless he gets a big whale to come in who's not connected to Youngstown. Look at the multimedia center that's being built at Stambaugh. That project was delayed almost a year and a half and that project is only 1.5 million...

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 12:43:52 PM »
They will never raise 45 million dollars. Just won't happen unless he gets a big whale to come in who's not connected to Youngstown. Look at the multimedia center that's being built at Stambaugh. That project was delayed almost a year and a half and that project is only 1.5 million...
Frankly I doubt Duquesne raises 45M and that's with UPMC.
Your point on the press box is valid, but at the same time how much time did it take to fund the intramural field for a 1.5M?  Yes it will take a couple "whales" to under-gird the project, but don't ever count JT out!  This isn't #1 right now, but when it is, we'll see.  First Calhoun needs to get the program competitive and grow the crowds.  That will happen, and the other projects under way will be done, and I trust in all things Tressel!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
Chief, we should be aware the current funding for the intramural sports complex is part of the $100 million “We See Tomorrow” fundraising campaign, the largest in YSU history.  So fund raising in the 45M range is WELL within Pres. Tressel's scope.  When I say this isn't the time, you can't compound 45M on top of 100M, so let's finish one before we start to talk about the other, but trust me, there is $45 that can be raised from the community in the future!