Author Topic: New football commit  (Read 5306 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:42:55 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New football commit
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 11:43:58 PM »
excellent news. He will see the field quickly

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:39:27 AM »
There was already a thread on this created by chief.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 08:51:28 AM »
He cites the attention he got during recruiting as a main reason he picked us over the P5 schools that offered.

I wonder who was in touch with him? That's some damn nice work.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »
Why would this kid come to YSU?  Verbal commitments mean absolutely nothing.  I suspect that he never signs his LOI to play here.  Other than seeing the field early and coming to school with a HS buddy, what is the benefit?  The staff will be different next year... the team will probably still be bad... who is going to "coach him up"?... ZERO Gameday environment... etc.  If he actually signs a LOI, I will be impressed.   I am skeptical to say the least.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 04:29:16 PM »
Why would this kid come to YSU?  Verbal commitments mean absolutely nothing.  I suspect that he never signs his LOI to play here.  Other than seeing the field early and coming to school with a HS buddy, what is the benefit?  The staff will be different next year... the team will probably still be bad... who is going to "coach him up"?... ZERO Gameday environment... etc.  If he actually signs a LOI, I will be impressed.   I am skeptical to say the least.

I mean the article literally answers your questions. Also why would he verbally commit with zero intention of signing? How does that benefit him? He wants to play next year. He doesn’t want to redshirt and wait 3 years to play at a big time program.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 11:11:04 PM »
Guys back out of the verbals all the time.  I recognized the points made in the article... I still don't think it is enough reason for him to come here.  Who will be the coach? DC? DB coach?  All is in question.  Why would someone want to play for a High School sized crowd with less enthusiasm.  Norwin draws as many spectators as YSU at this point.  Whoever recruited him will very likely be working elsewhere next year so...