Author Topic: South Dakota Week  (Read 8986 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
South Dakota Week
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:56:42 PM »
https://youtu.be/fkgE7FKBx1M Very interesting press conference by Bo to start the week. I think more then anything the players are not on the same page with the offensive and defensive coordinators. Bo sounds like the players are not doing what is coached , yet these problems only seem to happen in game conditions and not during practice. Originally I thought Kennedy came into punt because of the stronger wind conditions. Turns out Bo was not happy because of a shank by Schuler. Yet Bo never pulls Kennedy when he shanks field goals..Lol..As far as the game goes this is a very important game for S.D..They want desperately to pick up their 3rd conference win before hosting the Bison next week. They are the #1 ranked offense in conference play, but the last ranked defense. They lost their season opener to a pretty decent Kansas St. team by a narrow margin. They seem to be up and down from week to week. The  guins really need to take advantage of these next 2 home games especially With Indiana St. Coming into town next week.  This is a golden opportunity to make a bad feeling and situation a little better, because after that we all know how brutal the last 3 games will be

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:00:37 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: South Dakota Week
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »
This will be another L. The players have quit on the coaches.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:32:24 AM »
I still don't see why he gave up on the regular punter for Kennedy after he has 1 bad punt. Like wow... Just wow...

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »
I still don't see why he gave up on the regular punter for Kennedy after he has 1 bad punt. Like wow... Just wow...

Yeah its not like a kid blowing his assignment for a play is anything new this year.

I don't like this different rules for different players thing, if this is the case.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »
On a weirdly positive note, Saturday is our first True must win game of the season. If we win out we’re in the playoffs. Not likely gonna happen. But hey, let’s start with upsetting SD on Saturday and see what happens

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »
Even if the team won out the selection committee would NEVER look past the loss to BIG MIGHTY BUTER and I mean NEVER!!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 08:27:30 PM »
Even if the team won out the selection committee would NEVER look past the loss to BIG MIGHTY BUTER and I mean NEVER!!

Are you being sarcastic? Winning out would mean defeating 3 ranked teams including #1 NDSU, pretty sure the committee would view us as an entirely different team than the one that lost to Butler

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 09:45:44 PM »
On a weirdly positive note, Saturday is our first True must win game of the season. If we win out we’re in the playoffs. Not likely gonna happen. But hey, let’s start with upsetting SD on Saturday and see what happens

I like the positive approach!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 09:56:31 PM »
5 wins in conference play used to be automatic for a playoff bid in the Missouri. I believe we went 8-4 one year with a win over Pitt with 5 conference victories and were left out. Times have changed there are not as many highly ranked teams from our conference. Other teams and conferences are starting to earn the respect of the voters. YSU finishing 6-2 in conference play would be a great story tho kandrase.. probably a little bit of sarcasm on my part, But honestly feel 6 wins for any conference team this year is know guarantee. If YSU was on the bubble, the loss to a non scholarship team would seal their fate
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 10:28:58 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 10:28:32 PM »
Butler. The end.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
5 wins in conference play used to be automatic for a playoff bid in the Missouri. I believe we went 8-4 one year with a win over Pitt with 5 conference victories and were left out. Times have changed there are not as many highly ranked teams from our conference. Other teams and conferences are starting to earn the respect of the voters. YSU finishing 6-2 in conference play would be a great story tho kandrase.. probably a little bit of sarcasm on my part, But honestly feel 6 wins for any conference team this year is know guarantee. If YSU was on the bubble, the loss to a non scholarship team would seal their fate

We we’re only 4-4 in conference the year we beat pitt.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »
Guins were 7-4 in 2012 when they beat Pitt, but only 20 teams made the playoffs that year.  Had it been 24, YSU probably would have been in.  8-4 in 2013, but finished the season with 3 straight losses, and the conference was not as highly regarded as it is now.  Only 2 MV teams made the playoffs that year.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 11:38:00 AM »
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2018/10/18/dakarai-allen-south-dakota-coyotes-football-usd/1669254002/ I'm very concerned about the coyotes passing game and especially allen. It will be a tall task for our secondary if we can't get pressure on their quarterback. Hopefully we give them some different looks and blitz on occasion. If our offense can't put up a good amount of points on a very bad coyotes defense we are in trouble. Praying for lots of rain and wind since S.D. plays indoors

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:00:35 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »
Guins were 7-4 in 2012 when they beat Pitt, but only 20 teams made the playoffs that year.  Had it been 24, YSU probably would have been in.  8-4 in 2013, but finished the season with 3 straight losses, and the conference was not as highly regarded as it is now.  Only 2 MV teams made the playoffs that year.

Since 2014 the MVFC has only gotten more respect weve had 4 and 5 bids every year since 2014. Also a 6-2 conference recored MVFC team has never been left out of the playoffs. If we win out we’re in period.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 06:48:17 PM »
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2018/10/18/dakarai-allen-south-dakota-coyotes-football-usd/1669254002/ I'm very concerned about the coyotes passing game and especially allen. It will be a tall task for our secondary if we can't get pressure on their quarterback. Hopefully we give them some different looks and blitz on occasion. If our offense can't put up a good amount of points on a very bad coyotes defense we are in trouble. Praying for lots of rain and wind since S.D. plays indoors

Well there is rain... But holy crap did not expect this. Team is playing like I have not seen them play all year. Would not have believed you if you told me we would be getting sacks and be up 19 to 0 in the first. Also... Pelini pulled Zak Kennedy off the pat. That was not him on the PAT. It was freshman grant gonya!