Author Topic: SDSU In-Game Thread  (Read 20944 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSU In-Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2018, 09:59:23 AM »
I think the toughest part of watching the game is that we weren’t immediately blown off the field. The d played well and we looked competitive, we had some bad breaks on special teams and shot ourselves in the foot. It’s painful to see the potential. If this team were more disciplened and better coached we could be halfway competitive.

I just can’t believe Bo, can’t field a better team than this.
Kandrase you bring up a excellent point. Play by play on 570 also feels the same way and so do I. We have the talent and physicality to match up with anyone on our schedule. We showed that yesterday at times and throughout the season. Why we have such mental lapses during the course of games is because of the overall coaching and lack of discipline by players. This is Bo's 4th year and he's had every opportunity to field the team and staff he wants so know more free passes. To say we can't get good students/athletes to play for YSU because of conference affiliation and proximity to other Division 1 schools is hogwash. I really felt Bo was changing the culture of the program his first two seasons, for whatever reason we have taking a step backwards under his leadership

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
Nathan Mays should be named the starter for next week. I think he at least deserves that chance with his performance last year against SDSU and NDSU. Vangorder is really struggling against conference defenses and the three he has faced will probably be the weakest on our schedule. We need a kick start on offense and I think more players should be given opportunities in all three phases of the game

If it weren't for VanGorder, this team would have zero wins. Mays is not a D1 QB. We've all seen it. He can't throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Just stop it.

Who cares how many wins we have at this point? We are playing for 2019 and as we all said months ago ..VG will not be here. I agree that VG could have improved beyond May's (possibly), but it makes no difference. Time for the young guys; which includes Mays. What are you afraid of, if the others are better, they will rise above Nate.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:05:01 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline JackJD

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
Any report on Randall-Posey? He raised an arm to the crowd on the way out of the stadium to the ambulance.  That was a good sign.  Hope he was cleared to make it home with the team.

#35 was the unlucky number yesterday. Not only is that Randall-Posey's number, that's the number of SDSU's best running back, Wallace, who also left the stadium in an ambulance. All we know about Wallace is he suffered a season-ending hip injury. He's a senior.

Best of luck to you guys the remainder of the season. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:06:23 PM by JackJD »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »
Any report on Randall-Posey? He raised an arm to the crowd on the way out of the stadium to the ambulance.  That was a good sign.  Hope he was cleared to make it home with the team.

#35 was the unlucky number yesterday. Not only is that Randall-Posey's number, that's the number of SDSU's best running back, Wallace, who also left the stadium in an ambulance. All we know about Wallace is he suffered a season-ending hip injury. He's a senior.

Best of luck to you guys the remainder of the season.

Yeah Bo said it was something with his neck, said he had some tingling in his arm, sounded like prognosis was positive though