Author Topic: SIU In-Game Thread  (Read 19403 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SIU In-Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
I would like to ask this question that's been on my mind for a long time. Does anyone think the high amount of transfers and Juco players Bo has brought in over the years affected his first three recruiting classes coming out of high school and the last one under Wolf? Don't get me wrong here some were definitely a necessity and big time gets. However this can create tensions, adversity and unity problems over the course of time by original recruits who thought they were going to be the guy. Some Juco and transfer players all have a story to tell some for the good and some for the bad..IMHO I think Bo has gone to the well one to many times..and certain players are not happy about it

Don't know if it's lead to tension on the team, but if you're going to bring in a QB (the most important position on the team) for 1 year, then that guy better be a difference maker and a considerable upgrade from what you have.  MVG has been neither.  He's a decent player, and probably could have had a good career at the FCS level had he transferred sooner.

He's the best QB on the roster.

At least he looked for open receivers. All Mays did was putting his head down and ran. The ineffectiveness of MVG was partly due to the lousy playing calling and the inability of making half time adjustments by the OC.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »
I would like to ask this question that's been on my mind for a long time. Does anyone think the high amount of transfers and Juco players Bo has brought in over the years affected his first three recruiting classes coming out of high school and the last one under Wolf? Don't get me wrong here some were definitely a necessity and big time gets. However this can create tensions, adversity and unity problems over the course of time by original recruits who thought they were going to be the guy. Some Juco and transfer players all have a story to tell some for the good and some for the bad..IMHO I think Bo has gone to the well one to many times..and certain players are not happy about it

Don't know if it's lead to tension on the team, but if you're going to bring in a QB (the most important position on the team) for 1 year, then that guy better be a difference maker and a considerable upgrade from what you have.  MVG has been neither.  He's a decent player, and probably could have had a good career at the FCS level had he transferred sooner.

We have 3 more QBs on the roster, I say we give one of them a shot.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 11:45:02 PM »

We have 3 more QBs on the roster, I say we give one of them a shot.
I agree with you Kandrase, at this point we have nothing to lose. Bottom line is we are not efficient at that position especially in the redzone. We remain the lowest scoring team in the conference, yet boost a strong run game. I have yet to figure out the logic with bringing in VG with a year of eligibility left. The younger players in turn get know development and confidence is shaken. With the exception of Nathan.. Bo recruited the three others. Bo said he is looking at other QBs and it just depends on the game plan. Maybe there is a package that could work better with Cunningham, Craycraft, or the 6"7  kid down close..I just don't know
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:59:12 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »

That may be, but if you're going to upset the apple cart with a QB with only 1 year left then he needs to be a major upgrade to what you already have.