Author Topic: Southern Illinois week  (Read 9961 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Southern Illinois week
« on: October 03, 2018, 02:44:29 PM »
https://siusalukis.com/news/2018/10/2/saluki-football-at-youngstown-state-notes-links.aspx?path=football Week five is upon us and I think this is a game we could win. On the season the Salukis are 1-3 with two close losses coming to SEMO and South Dakota.They appear to have a very good offense and have generated a little more than 1,700 yards the last three contests. Their defense struggles at times and the majority of points given up have been in the second half. Here's hoping OC Brian Crist can run clock in this game and can keep the ball out of their playmakers hands..that's what they will be looking to do against us

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Illinois week
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 04:20:11 PM »
Playoffs start Saturday..........

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »
Another loss. Our defense just isn't good.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »
SHOULD BE A HIGH SCORING GAME. SUPPOSEDLY SIU HAS A POOR DEFENSE AND WE KNOW YSU HAS VIRTUALLY NO PASS DEFENSE.

I AGREE WITH CHIEF, IT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER LOSS. EVEN IF WE WIN, WE HAVE NO CHANCE FOR A PLAYOFF SELECTION.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »
Buddy we said that same thing against Illinois St. and got blown out and shutout at home..To many issues..No playoffs this year..3 wins max..The Dakota teams, UNI and Illinois St. are licking their chops!!

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 06:36:17 PM »
Buddy we said that same thing against Illinois St. and got blown out and shutout at home..To many issues..No playoffs this year..3 wins max..The Dakota teams, UNI and Illinois St. are licking their chops!!

Yeah most likely....  But if I do not have optimism I will not want to watch nor care...   As of now if we win out we go to playoffs!  Once that hope is gone then we play for seniors and next year.   

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 04:27:15 AM »

Yeah most likely....  But if I do not have optimism I will not want to watch nor care...   As of now if we win out we go to playoffs!  Once that hope is gone then we play for seniors and next year.

There is 0.00000000001% chance we win out.  This pretty much sums it up: https://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:28:10 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »

There is 0.00000000001% chance we win out.  This pretty much sums it up: https://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

But there is a chance!!!!   

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »

Not true, according to Massey ratings, our chances of winning out are 0.0078%

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 04:44:23 PM »

There is chance that a fallen satellite will hit the table lamp sitting on a table in my living room of my house @ 11:59:33 pm in December 25, 2019. I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 09:35:43 AM »

So 7 thousandths of a percent give us a chance?

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 03:12:20 PM »

Season over???
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
When the going gets tuff..................the tuff get going.  Come on who's with me............aaaahhhhh

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
We all support the penguins or we wouldn't waste countless hours over the years posting and reading posts on this forum. I hate to add any negativity towards the administration, coaches or players when I post, but sometimes it needs done. We have to much of a tradition in football to lose to a Butler and take steps backwards under Pelini. The majority of coaches and players read this forum on a daily basis. I would love nothing more if they challenged themselves by the posts they see, have a team meeting about them and prove us all wrong by the end of the year

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:10:14 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 04:00:48 AM »

Season over???
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

If you know your history there was no chance Japan would have held power in the Pacific.  Yamamoto said that bombing Pearl Harbor was like awakening a sleeping giant.  They won a battle, but we won the war.  Winning out this season is like winning the war.  There is no way we do it
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:51:52 AM by penguinpower »