Author Topic: Football coach Salaries  (Read 6171 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Football coach Salaries
« on: September 30, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
How can we compete for good coaches.  You can get salaries through 2015. 

https://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/data/higher_ed_salary
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football coach Salaries
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
I am quite sure that Butlers salaries are considerably lower then YSU.  Just another excuse as far as I am concerned.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:55:50 PM »
Look at Butler basketball though. The last two years that they were in the Horizon, they paid (was it Holt back then?) 900k and $990k. Now they are at 1.7mil (salary only) in the Big East. We cannot touch any of those figures; but if we could, we would win as they do.

For football ...$325 is an excellent HC salary. I would push the OC & DC up to $125k and then go $200k-$225k  for HC. We could be well-staffed and save $25k-$50k. Certainly in our range. This is why I did not understand why everyone was so negative on Dean Hood. He has a tremendous DC background & good regional contacts. Was very successful in a traditional mid-level program. Priced where we need him to be.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:02:30 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:34 PM »
I do not see Pelini staying.  He comes from Nebraska to the subdivsion with barely 5000 people in the stands. Coaches have big egos.  I see him going to be an assistant somewhere.  This years record will play a factor.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
I do not see Pelini staying.  He comes from Nebraska to the subdivsion with barely 5000 people in the stands. Coaches have big egos.  I see him going to be an assistant somewhere.  This years record will play a factor.
I don't see him staying either. However, since coaches have ego, his ego might keep him away from being an assistant coach if he does not want to report to another head coach.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 10:58:02 PM »
Who's gonna take him as head coach ? He can't recruit well at the FBS level. He's had some success here due to transfers which is easier for him. He's an azz hole who rubs higher ups the wrong way and he's terrible in the community and with the media.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »
OK fired Stoops this week.  Maybe Bo can get him to come here and help the defense for the remainder of the season.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
OK fired Stoops this week.  Maybe Bo can get him to come here and help the defense for the remainder of the season.
If Bo leaves, he might take over. I don't see him as an assistant/associate coach in I-AA (not even @ YSU. How could YSU afford Pelini and Stoop togethe? (Both were former I-A HC).

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 01:35:32 PM »

The worst D-Coordinator in D1 ? No thanks.