Author Topic: Today's scores  (Read 11328 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Today's scores
« on: September 22, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »
Nice win by Illinois State over Colorado State.
James Madison crushing William & Mary, they are clearly the team to beat this year.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Today's scores
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:30:20 PM »
I noticed that Akron and Kent played some of the big boys and did not get blown out as they have in past years.  Haven't really followed them lately, maybe they are improving their talent level. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 08:54:45 PM »
I noticed that Akron and Kent played some of the big boys and did not get blown out as they have in past years.  Haven't really followed them lately, maybe they are improving their talent level.

And they play 2 money games each year. But we still play 2 weenies... And lose!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
I live in North Texas above Ft worth/Dallas.  North Texas played Liberty at Liberty. They are a Conference USA team.  But we play Valpo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:41:08 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 12:38:27 PM »
Valpo lost to Truman st.   We are in trouble.  Illinois st, Ndsu, Sdsu, and the rest of league are better than us.  See just a few wins this year unless we turn it around.  Seems like our talent is not keeping pace with rest of league

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »
Schedule is more that sufficient to win a title, or lose to Butler. Schedule is not a concern and has not been for some years now. Let's try winning. Also, Liberty is FBS now.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:30:09 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
I was aware that they moved up. So another school we used to beat the hell of moved up.  As for winning another championship. We havent won one in 21 years, the formula for achieving not making it this year has worked.  Joke is on us.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:42:01 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
I'd rather play two big power 5 conference teams and get paid or at least an upper echelon FCS team along with an FBS team rather than Valpo or Butler.

Any day, any year.

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »
Posted by: ytownchief22 "I'd rather play two big power 5 conference teams and get paid or at least an upper echelon FCS team along with an FBS team rather than Valpo or Butler.

Any day, any year."

Agree 100%.  The interest level for YSU football is extremely low right now - and this includes me. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 10:50:52 AM »
I'd rather play two big power 5 conference teams and get paid or at least an upper echelon FCS team along with an FBS team rather than Valpo or Butler.

Any day, any year.

Cannot agree there Chief. Unless we move up to FBS of course. We are fans of YSU and understand what the team is capable of. The average fan that sees YSU only on the news does not. To over half the local base, a loss is a loss and a win is a win. They do not understand the difference between Clemson and Butler. The other half thinks of YSU as "Small Potatoes" and fly Scarlet and Gray flags outside their house. Both types of people did know that we were in the national championship game a few years ago.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »

Any day, any year.

Cannot agree there Chief. Unless we move up to FBS of course. We are fans of YSU and understand what the team is capable of. The average fan that sees YSU only on the news does not. To over half the local base, a loss is a loss and a win is a win. They do not understand the difference between Clemson and Butler. The other half thinks of YSU as "Small Potatoes" and fly Scarlet and Gray flags outside their house. Both types of people did know that we were in the national championship game a few years ago.
Hate to do it, but basicly, I have to agree with 1AA.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 12:55:38 PM »

Any day, any year.

So what's your point ? Who cares about that average fan. They are the ones who don't come to the games anyway. I'd rather play a Clemson and get our butt whooped and get a payday that can help in facilities and other ways rather than lose to BUTLER AT HOME.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 01:30:02 PM »
So what non-conference games do we have lined up for next year?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
LOL have to agree on losing to butler there chief. However, the average person will try to attend at least one game a year and that is enough to keep the "will call" lines nice and long. This is where your point about stepping-up the marketing comes into play. Even though we may not have those fans now, we have to assume that we will and act accordingly.

Scheduling two money games will mean 2 losses 99% of the time. This means we have to go 7-1 in the MVFC every year. If we are playing that well, then all of our banter is for not. IF we go 7-1 in the MVFC and 2-1 in OOC (2 non or partial scholarship teams) we are still in the play-off and seeded. If we go 6-2 in the MVFC and 2-1 in OOC (2 non or partial scholarship teams) we are still in the play-off (not seeded). If we go 5-3 in the MVFC and 2-1 in OOC (2 non or partial scholarship teams) we are only in the play-off in a year where some power conferences are down (which maybe a 1-in-4 chance). If we go 5-3 in the MVFC and 1-2 in OOC, we are out of the post-season, it would not matter if (that year) we lost to OSU in double OT and Clemson in triple OT.

We need those two wins, from DI schools and games at home. Tailgating draws more potential fans to the stadium than anything else we do. My mother could care less about football, but when she makes her family-famous ham strata for the tailgaters, she loves to come.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »
LOL have to agree on losing to butler there chief. However, the average person will try to attend at least one game a year and that is enough to keep the "will call" lines nice and long. This is where your point about stepping-up the marketing comes into play. Even though we may not have those fans now, we have to assume that we will and act accordingly.

Scheduling two money games will mean 2 losses 99% of the time. This means we have to go 7-1 in the MVFC every year. If we are playing that well, then all of our banter is for not. IF we go 7-1 in the MVFC and 2-1 in OOC (2 non or partial scholarship teams) we are still in the play-off and seeded. If we go 6-2 in the MVFC and 2-1 in OOC (2 non or partial scholarship teams) we are still in the play-off (not seeded). If we go 5-3 in the MVFC and 2-1 in OOC (2 non or partial scholarship teams) we are only in the play-off in a year where some power conferences are down (which maybe a 1-in-4 chance). If we go 5-3 in the MVFC and 1-2 in OOC, we are out of the post-season, it would not matter if (that year) we lost to OSU in double OT and Clemson in triple OT.

We need those two wins, from DI schools and games at home. Tailgating draws more potential fans to the stadium than anything else we do. My mother could care less about football, but when she makes her family-famous ham strata for the tailgaters, she loves to come.
You guys are KILLING ME.  I have to agree with 1AA on this.  His argument is 100% sound.  One money game tops.  Frankly I'd rather play Jacksonville State, EWU Sam Houston et. al. than 1A guys, but no money in that. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!