Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Valpo
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 08:47:32 AM »
Your takes are delusional. Have been for years..

Your boy Mays isn't a D1 QB.

#12 isn't a D1 player either. Local kid. Only reason he's here on the team. Wasting a scholly to catch punts ? He had a 20 yard return against Valpo and that makes him special ?

Yes I am a fan, so that is going to make me delusional more times than not :)

If you mean #10, I am not sure we are wasting a scholarship or not. (is he on scholarship?. If so, is it full or partial?) I am with you on grabbing too many local kids in a washed-up local recruiting area. The "state of Youngstown" is missing it's center piece. It looks like they are priming Coates to try and break a few kicks and that could lead to some excitement for the fans. Would I rather have more quality linemen utilize scholarships? Of course. Could this backfire on us? Absolutely and does most of the time. (flash in the pan). I have never seen him really play at WR, so I cannot comment.

Mays is not "my boy". He is a much better QB than you infer and I simply wish to see a QB that is not in his final season. Once the decision was made, I am behind VG. Is there any other choice? I simply was comparing the two QB's over summer camp and saw nothing (aside from and injury) to indicate that we needed to start VG over Mays, but knew it was going to happen. You and I both know what Bo wants "and it ain't Mays", so why kid around? I am not that delusional. So it is easy to insult the guy (Mays), but also kind of cowardly. Mays has never had the chance to be told that "he is the guy" and start a couple of "gimme games" and another that no one expects to win. He has always come in at back-up or started in must-win league games ... and he has yet to truly disappoint. This being said, VG has improved each week and clearly has skills. However, let's not fool each other. He never opened his offer letter from YSU 4-5 years ago, he dropped it in the garbage; just like any other big-time recruit. Mays was happy to get his offer letter from YSU.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:06:02 AM by IAA Fan »

ytowngirl

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

#12 isn't a D1 player either. Local kid. Only reason he's here on the team. Wasting a scholly to catch punts ? He had a 20 yard return against Valpo and that makes him special ?

Who is #12 that returns punts?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »

Who is #12 that returns punts?

I believe he means #10 ... Coates.