YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

QB Play

<< < (2/3) > >>

IAA Fan:
I am not saying that VG is not a better choice, I am saying that I do not know. The difference is slight and the future is graduation. I also agree that we should start a young guy ... not sure it is Craycraft ...he has just been ordained in the past month. I think Mays passing inside is better. There is just no way for me to say that VG is hands-down better than Mays. However, I would agree that we have an offense better suited to his skills, so it is probably best. Let's just wait and see I guess. If we go beyond 4-losses I better see one of the young guys use all 4 of his allowed games.

penguinpower:
Vangorder gets better as the game goes on.  He is terrible is first few series (or qtr).

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 12, 2018, 04:11:15 PM ---I am not saying that VG is not a better choice, I am saying that I do not know. The difference is slight and the future is graduation. I also agree that we should start a young guy ... not sure it is Craycraft ...he has just been ordained in the past month. I think Mays passing inside is better. There is just no way for me to say that VG is hands-down better than Mays. However, I would agree that we have an offense better suited to his skills, so it is probably best. Let's just wait and see I guess. If we go beyond 4-losses I better see one of the young guys use all 4 of his allowed games.

--- End quote ---
Frankly, almost all teams "get" to give the younger guys some experience due to injuries.  I hope that isn't the case for YSU and VG, but odds are........... 
easy enough for us to agree to disagree on Mays.  he's been starting games for 2 seasons with little success, and I'm with the coaching staff: time to move on.  I'm also not sure it's Craycraft.  I have loved the athletic ability Cunningham brings to the table from day 1 of his signing.  We'll see going forward. I assume a lot will come down to the style of the new HC.  Joe maybe a better thrower, Jadyen a better runner. 
One thing for sure, if we don't figure a way to get to pressure on the QB, all the naysayers are going to be right about the season being "over".

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 12, 2018, 04:11:15 PM ---If we go beyond 4-losses I better see one of the young guys use all 4 of his allowed games.
--- End quote ---

Hopefully it doesn't happen, but I strongly agree.  Get a look at the young QBs once the playoffs are officially out of the question.

IAA Fan:
I love Conner's size and Pedigree. May no longer fit the system. Under Montgomery (OC, not QB) I saw him stepping is after (or in place of) Mays  I do expect to see Wildcat with Cunningham ...they were running it during the second-to-last scrimmage. Not much success, but the defense was expecting it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version