Author Topic: Sports Illustrated article about Butler game.  (Read 5411 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Illustrated article about Butler game.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
Spot on.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:41 AM »
Did you see the vindy article today? The message board got mentioned. That's the second vindy article in the last week to mention this board. I also liked Joe Simon's words on the first game loss in today's game preview,
 "A season can’t be lost in one game, but it sure felt that way after Youngstown State’s stunning defeat to Butler in Week 1."

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »
Haven’t seen the Vindy yet.  Not trying to be negative but that loss had way more implications than just an early season loss. Recruiting, The quality of the coaching staff after losing A+ coordinators and replacing them with low grade asst coaches. We have not solved or recruited a QB since Wolford left that we can say he is the guy.  The AD and Pelini are getting no pushback from the local media.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 12:09:07 PM »
Haven’t seen the Vindy yet.  Not trying to be negative but that loss had way more implications than just an early season loss. Recruiting, The quality of the coaching staff after losing A+ coordinators and replacing them with low grade asst coaches. We have not solved or recruited a QB since Wolford left that we can say he is the guy.  The AD and Pelini are getting no pushback from the local media.

I can't argue with those points. And I agree with your assessment. I wonder just how bad it will hurt recruiting... I know it will.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »
Not sure why a YSU fan would be interested in reading something to remind them of the last game, it happened , it's over move on.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »
Answer this question since Tressel left 18 years ago has the program improved, has the fan base remained the same so we make the playoffs every year or nearly every year? Are we major players in FCS?  Did we ever lose to a non scholly team?  Yea I did move on money wise I tailgated and gave nearly every Saturday of my life for almost 30 years.  I would still if u didn’t move to Texas for work.  Everything we built up to 2000 has been destroyed.  So go on keep rubber stamping it and say it’s just one game it’s been 18 years of mediocrity. So yes all is well in Youngstown football.  This article should be on every players locker to remind them of the implications of what there lack of concern and performance has done to disgrace the university and our football conference.  Like Penguinpower said would have never happened to the Bison. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:27:44 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 05:14:29 PM »
It's hard to maintain success that we had in the 90's. Everything is cyclical. But we should never ever lose to Butler.