Author Topic: Season is over  (Read 25579 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Season is over
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
The defense is piss poor. Season is over. Can't wait to see attendance numbers later in the year.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
The defense is piss poor. Season is over. Can't wait to see attendance numbers later in the year.
I don't think you have to wait till later in the year. We will find out this Saturday especially if you don't count the students in the cheap seats for the home coming.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »
Hey the playoffs just start now!!!   Win them all and we are in! :afro:

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
The football program has been on fumes since the EW win in the playoffs.  Makes me think if Hunter Wells had not came back there wouldn’t even be that. Not going to beat a dead horse. We are a dead horse. Butler was the wake up call.  Pelini  should not be retained. The local parochial  coach experiment has been a colossal failure we can’t forget Wolford.  Find a guy that can recruit and relate to the college athlete of today. Use the Bison model as an example on what a football should be and look and act like.  What has been going down there at Wick Avenue is becoming nauseating.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
https://youtu.be/DobM_eG2pXc This sounds like a broken record. Same thing over and over..again and again. So the players do everything correct in practice , but not during the games? This makes zero sense to me

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
I really have no words for how disgusted I am with the whole program.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »
Hope that the players dont read this board
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »
Hope that the players dont read this board

I wish someone within the program would because something has to change.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »
And they wonder why there is no interest.  We are turning into the Kent State of the FBS.
The players should look up and see those championship banners and be motivated.  Or maybe that was so long ago they can't relate. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:18:46 PM by YSU1 »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »
I see 4 factors all contributing to the terrible pass defense displayed so far.
Carl leaving
McNutt's suspension
Injuries to Hegedus (3rd leading tackler last season) and Reed (best pass rusher)
No one stepping up to replace Powell (top tackler), Wright (4th in tackles), Chapman (1st in tackles for loss), Mesier (8th in tackles) and Nicoe-Hurst (10th in tackles).

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »
By the end of this season Eric Wolford's 7 and 8 win seasons will be looking really good to me. Wolf should have never been fired in the first place. Shane Montgomery leaving this year has been a major blow to the program. Both were good coaches and recruiters. Some of the staff we have now are not qualified to do either at the Division 1 level

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:36:21 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
This is the mess that Bo wanted/created with his good ole Mooney/Youngstown connections.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
“They just look at you — and I feel for them. No young man wants to go out there wanting to make a mistake and it kills them,” Pelini said. “We had one play where a guy came off the field and I said to him ‘did you hear the call?’ He said yes. ‘Did you hear the check?’ Yes. I ask what he’s supposed to do and he reiterates to me what’s supposed to happen. ‘Why didn’t you?’ I don’t know.

Yikes....

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
  Several excellent posts.   As for firing Pelini, if we go 3-8,4-7 it should be a consideration.  However, Strollo is terrified of Bo, and so is everyone in the athletic department, they don't have the you know what to make that happen.  Pelini has said publicly that he has no interest in recruiting, and it is showing, our talent is in the bottom half of the league.

Pelini so clueless that he didn't see this, he said all summer this would be a good team and a playoff team, delusional.  His arrogance got in the way of bringing in some experience on the staff when Carl and Shane left.  In some circles, Pelini seems to get a pass as the head coach, but this is all on him.  it's his 4th year and the program is going backwards.

YSU football is irrelevant.

ytowngirl

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2018, 12:11:15 PM »
YSU is definitely irrelevant.  I was at the Toledo vs Miami game a few weeks ago.  Man they have a great student section and I really like their stadium.  YSU should have built something like that small and cozy and loud. 

Unfortunately people in Youngstown don't give a sh*t about YSU sports.