YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fire Bo

<< < (8/8)

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2018, 07:15:07 PM ---You forget that ISU is his 4th stop since leaving Mt Union. He left Mt Union to be a position coach at BG. He can also thank Jon Heaccck (former Penguin) for a record year at ISU. Do you realize that (2 years ago) in 11 games vs. the Big-12, only one team came within 10-points of their season average points on offense against the Cyclones? Heacock came back to YSU after a successful stint as D Coordinator at Indiana to become our head coach. I mean all of you people were thinking we could land a HC from Nebraska, which was insanity and it came true. Now maybe we are not going to get a Big-10 coordinator, but this is certainly how we need to think. I am all for giving the little guy a chance, but not at HC. Unfortunately with the reputation of Mt Union, he commands a big salary ...more that his experience is worth. He is stuck there until a mid-level school can pick him up or he is willing to take a pay and position cut.

Again. Bo is not going anywhere, unless it is voluntarily.

--- End quote ---

No I realize it was his 4th school, he’s done well everywhere he’s gone. My only point is that the school produces good coaches. Basically my entire rationale is that when looking at a potential Bo replacement (I also believe he’s only gonna leave voluntarily too) maybe we should look at the guy in our backyard who keep winning championships rather than a big time assistant who probably has zero experience leading a championship program. I want someone who knows how to lead a program, influence culture and recruit guys who may have been overlooked by bigger schools. Not someone with zero head coaching experience and who only knows how to recruit 4 and 5 star recruits. But it’s a matter of opinion. I respect your opinion IAA, and I still want Bo to stay, At least we’re interested enough in YSU football to have this discussion :)

ytownchief22:
Be careful with Kehres. Daddy built that program and has given him everything.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 19, 2018, 11:32:52 PM ---Be careful with Kehres. Daddy built that program and has given him everything.

--- End quote ---

Not a bad point. But I’d like to think Jr. learned enough to be a good head coach

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version