Author Topic: Fire Bo  (Read 24714 times)

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Bo
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »
Not to mention the fact that The Massey computer rankings give Mt Union an 80% likelihood of victory over the Butler team that beat us.

https://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s0=300937&t0=Mount+Union&h=0&s1=300937&t1=Butler

We’re in no position to dismiss non scholarship schools this year

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
Not to mention the fact that The Massey computer rankings give Mt Union an 80% likelihood of victory over the Butler team that beat us.

https://www.masseyratings.com/game.php?s0=300937&t0=Mount+Union&h=0&s1=300937&t1=Butler

We’re in no position to dismiss non scholarship schools this year
certainly not this year!  but this is about coaching and we should NEVER dismiss the abilities of coaches, at any level!  There is a hall of fame coach coaching in HS this season.  Bet on it!  I have ABSOLUTELY no idea who, but I'll bet there is a dozen great coaches out there honing their skills.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 05:00:05 PM »
Guys this is Mt Union. Who cares? For crying out loud, you go from the single most high-profile coach in all of college ball (available that is) in BO ... to a coach of a team that is nothing short of prep ball. Those kids that were booted from OSU cannot play at YSU, there is no chance of success. You wish to go from #1 to #90 (on a scale of 1 to 100)? Could you at least look somewhere in the middle? We last interviewed a guy that is now the Special Teams Coordinator and DB's coach at UK. Both units ranked in the top-5 in the SEC right now. Native NE Ohio guy with Good NFL connections. Yet most everyone on this board laughed at him, while bowing to Bo. Not to mention head-coaching experience at a successful program. If he was still available why would you even think of a coach from a DIII school? If White does not get hired away, Hood could be open to another job. His only real knock is his age.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
Guys this is Mt Union. Who cares? For crying out loud, you go from the single most high-profile coach in all of college ball (available that is) in BO ... to a coach of a team that is nothing short of prep ball. Those kids that were booted from OSU cannot play at YSU, there is no chance of success. You wish to go from #1 to #90 (on a scale of 1 to 100)? Could you at least look somewhere in the middle? We last interviewed a guy that is now the Special Teams Coordinator and DB's coach at UK. Both units ranked in the top-5 in the SEC right now. Native NE Ohio guy with Good NFL connections. Yet most everyone on this board laughed at him, while bowing to Bo. Not to mention head-coaching experience at a successful program. If he was still available why would you even think of a coach from a DIII school? If White does not get hired away, Hood could be open to another job. His only real knock is his age.

We’re not just picking a random d3 coach, we’re picking a coach from the most dominant program in all of college football. Matt Campbell, from mount union turned Iowa state into a relevant program. Alex grinch, also from mount union did a great job as OSUs interim HC. Campbell frequently cites the mount union culture and values as key to his success. I like mount unions coach because he can help rebuild a winning culture at YSU.

Mount Unions coach has even been mentioned as a potential candidate for the BGSU job, are we really so high and mighty we deserve better coaches than FBS schools?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 07:15:07 PM »
You forget that ISU is his 4th stop since leaving Mt Union. He left Mt Union to be a position coach at BG. He can also thank Jon Heaccck (former Penguin) for a record year at ISU. Do you realize that (2 years ago) in 11 games vs. the Big-12, only one team came within 10-points of their season average points on offense against the Cyclones? Heacock came back to YSU after a successful stint as D Coordinator at Indiana to become our head coach. I mean all of you people were thinking we could land a HC from Nebraska, which was insanity and it came true. Now maybe we are not going to get a Big-10 coordinator, but this is certainly how we need to think. I am all for giving the little guy a chance, but not at HC. Unfortunately with the reputation of Mt Union, he commands a big salary ...more that his experience is worth. He is stuck there until a mid-level school can pick him up or he is willing to take a pay and position cut.

Again. Bo is not going anywhere, unless it is voluntarily.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 07:18:57 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 07:45:41 PM »
You forget that ISU is his 4th stop since leaving Mt Union. He left Mt Union to be a position coach at BG. He can also thank Jon Heaccck (former Penguin) for a record year at ISU. Do you realize that (2 years ago) in 11 games vs. the Big-12, only one team came within 10-points of their season average points on offense against the Cyclones? Heacock came back to YSU after a successful stint as D Coordinator at Indiana to become our head coach. I mean all of you people were thinking we could land a HC from Nebraska, which was insanity and it came true. Now maybe we are not going to get a Big-10 coordinator, but this is certainly how we need to think. I am all for giving the little guy a chance, but not at HC. Unfortunately with the reputation of Mt Union, he commands a big salary ...more that his experience is worth. He is stuck there until a mid-level school can pick him up or he is willing to take a pay and position cut.

Again. Bo is not going anywhere, unless it is voluntarily.

No I realize it was his 4th school, he’s done well everywhere he’s gone. My only point is that the school produces good coaches. Basically my entire rationale is that when looking at a potential Bo replacement (I also believe he’s only gonna leave voluntarily too) maybe we should look at the guy in our backyard who keep winning championships rather than a big time assistant who probably has zero experience leading a championship program. I want someone who knows how to lead a program, influence culture and recruit guys who may have been overlooked by bigger schools. Not someone with zero head coaching experience and who only knows how to recruit 4 and 5 star recruits. But it’s a matter of opinion. I respect your opinion IAA, and I still want Bo to stay, At least we’re interested enough in YSU football to have this discussion :)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 11:32:52 PM »
Be careful with Kehres. Daddy built that program and has given him everything.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 05:33:25 PM »
Be careful with Kehres. Daddy built that program and has given him everything.

Not a bad point. But I’d like to think Jr. learned enough to be a good head coach