Author Topic: The reality of Youngstown St. Football  (Read 10805 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The reality of Youngstown St. Football
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 12:56:42 AM »
Starters aren't even making it to practice because of class conflicts.... Dear lord.
I heard bo say that in the presser and I have to say I look at it as an excuse. I can say my last year of my masters degree in ee, I had a mechanical in the advanced engineering mathematics class with me, and he was on senior on the football team (a DE when we had moss and rivers). Didn't start but played and he missed alot of practice because he would have to leave early to make our advanced engineering mathematics class. So while I recognize I have first hand seen that Bo puts class above practice for students, I have to imagine every single coach would to deal with it. Plus... I mean why not address it sooner? He said they are just now looking at making an early practice on Wednesday to avoid missing so many players... Well I guess it's like my buddy said. He probably didn't think it was an issue till he realized it was (after the butler loss)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The reality of Youngstown St. Football
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 12:57:51 AM »
Correction. The university does not have record enrollment.  Not too long ago it was over 15,000, about 2500 more than now. The campus apartment boom has created more on campus housing and was supposed to lead to more of a true campus environment. Not sure that is happening. Is the student section larger and more enthusiastic?

The student section looked pretty big last Saturday. Don't know if it will be that way going forward.