Author Topic: It’s time! Predict the 2018 YSU Football season!  (Read 12576 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: It’s time! Predict the 2018 YSU Football season!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »
6-5, no playoffs.  Way to much expected from a QB who sat for four years.   VanGorder was not an FBS recruit, went to ND with father who was defensive coordinator.  He wanted to be part of the experience.

Inexperience at wide receiver, and other than Bryce Gibson, three question marks in the secondary.  Pelini a great defensive coordinator, one of the best.  But overrated as a head coach.

How's it going Paladin?
He's bad, but not THAT bad!  QB actually knelt for 4 years as a holder. and WR are much bigger and some JUCO experience, but overall inexperienced at 1AA level and DBs beyond Bryce as definitely inexperienced.  Wonder why he skipped huge issues at OT and DE?  Frankly I'm saying 8 wins but if things go badly, could be 5 .
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »
7 wins
Yes
Want him to stay...last year of contract, Nebraska money ends this year...odds are he leaves but would love for him to stay!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 09:00:17 PM »
I see 4 or 5 wins if we have injuries at Qb.  If we can keep a QB upright maybe 6 wins,  which Monty struggled with the last few years between running way to much read option and bad line play. I think Pelini should get another 3 years.   
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 09:23:56 PM »
7 or 8 wins
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 10:32:25 PM »
With the injuries the way they are, I believe there is about zero percent chance of 8 wins this season...

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
Chief,

Your concern about the injuries is certainly legitimate, but remember that we do not play in a vacuum.  I look at our opponents and see four teams that play little defense: Western Illinois, Southern Illinois, South Dakota, and Indiana State.  Winning those four and taking care of Northern Iowa at home gets us to 7.  And beating South Dakota State or Illinois State on the road will be difficult but not beyond our capabilities.  Nobody at the FCS level has comprehensive depth, so it is time for our redshirt freshmen and sophomores to assert themselves.  That is exactly what happened on the Tressel teams of the 90s.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 03:19:13 PM »
Here is what Craig "The d*****bag" Haley is predicting:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180823100308786795704&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS