Author Topic: buckeye nation  (Read 19370 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
buckeye nation
« on: August 01, 2018, 09:08:58 PM »
Not good news for Buckeye Nation.  Future not good for Urban Meyer.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: buckeye nation
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »
Either Meyer reported the 2015 incident to Smith and he is good to go (and Smith is OUT) or he didn't report it and Meyer is OUT (and "with cause" so -0- $)  If Meyer is out, so is most of the staff.  That is why the kid at 39 in the interim, as he postdates most of this and would probably be allowed to stay.
This looks pretty black and white to me, as it is clearly in the OSU employment rules in 2017 (which isn't exactly the same for his new contract)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:15:02 PM »
Either Meyer reported the 2015 incident to Smith and he is good to go (and Smith is OUT) or he didn't report it and Meyer is OUT (and "with cause" so -0- $)  If Meyer is out, so is most of the staff.  That is why the kid at 39 in the interim, as he postdates most of this and would probably be allowed to stay.
This looks pretty black and white to me, as it is clearly in the OSU employment rules in 2017 (which isn't exactly the same for his new contract)

if that is the case, then you know how that will go ...just look at JT. Do you honestly think he kept everything to himself? Smith is a dope & only around for race relations and the fact that he was so quickly accepted into the NCAA MBB selection committee. Simply put, if they blame Smith, it is a deeper problem and the football program is toast for the next 4-6 years. This needs to be in the non-YSU section I may move it, but will keep a link open.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:16:50 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »
I am not an Ohio State fan because Buckeye Nation is arrogant and obnoxious and I graduated from YSU, but it will be interesting how this turns out.  I agree that it is pretty cut and dry. They will find someone other than Urban to be the fall guy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:57:09 AM by YSU1 »