YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Lack of Early Football Excitement

(1/10) > >>

Penguin Nick:
I know it's summer but this site is absolutely DEAD.  Football season is just around the corner and there is no excitement at all.  Perhaps it's because we have a lousy non conference schedule that no one cares about.  Not even playing at WVU is getting anyone excited - this is sad.  So let me get things started and hopefully I'll fire some people up.  If we were in the Mid American Conference we would be excited for the start of football season.  We would have rivalries.  We would be where we belong - a perfect fit.  One conference for ALL sports.  The MAC is not dropping down to 1AA, we need to figure out how to join and make things work economically.  What say you?

ysuguins4:
I would rather the Guins be in the MAC also.  It would be great to play Akron and Kent every year, but unfortunately the economics don't make it feasible.  We would need a very wealthy alumnus to shell out the additional 10 million a year that it would require.  I believe at some point the majority of MAC schools will be forced to drop down to FCS, but not sure when that will happen.

ytownchief22:
Things will start to pick up on here once fall camp starts. It comess down to money and we don't have enough of it to sustain being in the MAC.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on July 10, 2018, 12:16:24 PM ---I would rather the Guins be in the MAC also.  It would be great to play Akron and Kent every year, but unfortunately the economics don't make it feasible.  We would need a very wealthy alumnus to shell out the additional 10 million a year that it would require.  I believe at some point the majority of MAC schools will be forced to drop down to FCS, but not sure when that will happen.

--- End quote ---

Spot on

YSU1:
our fan base is too small for the MAC.  besides we can't beat teams in the sub-division.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version