Author Topic: BB Recruiting  (Read 42315 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: BB Recruiting
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »
Braun Hartfield, Ferguson and Jacob Brown are all leaving the program.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »
Jacob Brown was a down the road project.  Liked his upside but D2 might be his best option.
Jeremiah Ferguson is a back up at YSU and one of if not both freshmen will get his minutes.  Tough player wish him well.
Braun Hartfield is a surprise. Up and down sophomore year.  Garrett Covington and JC transfer Donnel Cathcart should fill those minutes and maybe the freshmen Simmons can get some pt there.

2 of 3 Slocum players moving on.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:46:20 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »
 Hartfield is a player.  He is a loss.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »
Hartfield is a player.  He is a loss.
[/quot

Yes he is.  Can't minimize losing the top returning scorer.   Optimistic at that position YSU can have enough bodies and potential to fill the void.   Hopefully we'll upgrade the roster with this and future recruiting classes.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »
Hartfield can play but he wasn't a fit for Calhoun's system. Coach is getting his own players for this up and down high tempo style. We'll see.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 07:46:00 AM »
http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/sport-columns/2018/03/looking-at-wins-losses-for-ysu%E2%80%88men/

Sounds like Vargo doesn't have anymore info than we do but anyhow good summary.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 10:11:15 AM »
The power of Sister Jean. The RAMBLERS roll on winning 3 games in the tourney by 4 points.  WE NEED THAT and for players to stay for more than one year

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 11:07:12 AM »
The power of Sister Jean. The RAMBLERS roll on winning 3 games in the tourney by 4 points.  WE NEED THAT and for players to stay for more than one year

Trust the process.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 11:14:32 AM »
I had a feeling Ferguson would transfer.  I really liked him and thought maybe he fit Calhoun's system, but I think he seemed discouraged with his playing time just looking at his expressions and body language at times. 

Hartfield is shocking, but I think he just doesn't fit the system.  He really struggled down the stretch after putting up a lot of points early in the season.  May have been tired. 

Both Ferguson and Hartfield seemed like really good guys.  Hate to see them go but I think both may flourish elsewhere.   

Brown really didn't get any playing time in league play, and like someone else said he may be more of a division II player.   

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
Haygood and Tyree Robinson gone now as well...

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »

I getting nervous now .   Hopefully coach has a plan.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 07:09:40 PM »
I thought Hartfield and Ferguson could be good players in the last couple of years. We will miss them.
Robinson was inconsistent and lack of energy to play any significant minutes. I was not high on Haygood who had no short jump shots; could not finish around the basket and could not make FT.
Coach might need room for scholarships for JC transfers.
Former Horizon league teams (Butler and Loyola) both did well in the big dance. Right now, Loyola is leading K-state by 12 in the first half.
The league is not what it used to be. Hopefully, we could make a run for it in the next couple of years.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 08:36:23 PM »
The Ramblers roll on.  It is upsetting that YSU has been satisfied with a below average basketball program. They waited too long with the prior coach.  Losing is a way of life and it will take a lot to change the culture.  Nevada and Loyola have gotten some transfers to help them.  We just have players who leave.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »

Once again, The Chief has the scoop.

I am all about The Chief.  He knows what's what. 

Vote The Chief for AD!
Joe Cool

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 09:26:12 PM »
It's a process but comments stated above, Butler and Loyola do not focus on football so they are mainly basketball schools only, hence why they have a lot of success. Football will always be 1st at YSU because of JT and the history. But I trust in Calhoun's plan. Haygood was decent at best. Robinson was home sick and just didn't give enough when he was on the court. The recruits coming in fit his style of play more.