Author Topic: Horizon League Men’s Basketball tournament and League  (Read 5852 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Horizon League Men’s Basketball tournament and League
« on: March 05, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »
I have been out of loop since I moved to Texas.  I have watched a few games and I am watching the Cleveland st. Vs. Oakland semi final on ESPN. It is horrible basketball.  This league is a shell of itself since VALPO and Butler and Loyola left.  Playing in a nearly empty building and the announcers are bored silly.  If I was the NCAA i would take the bid away and make the champion play in. Thats how weak this league is now. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Horizon League Men’s Basketball tournament and League
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »
Cleveland State is providing free tickets and transportation to tonights game

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:05:43 AM »
Go NKU.   You are correct that the league has lost a few of its best teams but considering the state of YSU basketball,it's where we need to  be at. 

Update.  Should say go Wright State.  They're carrying the Horizon league flag in the dance.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:32:17 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 03:28:12 PM »
I actually picked WSU to upset Tennessee, what a bad move on my part.  I miss Butler, Valpo, Loyola.  Our league is pretty bad now.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
Watch Wright State and Tenn.  Wright State was overmatched badly in size, speed, and skill.  And they were rattled and missed some shots they would surely make against us. Maybe we can compete with a few extra pieces.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 08:28:16 AM »
Watch Wright State and Tenn.  Wright State was overmatched badly in size, speed, and skill.  And they were rattled and missed some shots they would surely make against us. Maybe we can compete with a few extra pieces.
we were 6-12 this year.  I think we were Francisco Santiago away from 9-9 which would be 5th place in a 10 team league.  IF we get the medical redshirt and 2 pieces, (the one we need to add and the one to replace Cam), no reason we don't compete next year!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »
we were 6-12 this year.  I think we were Francisco Santiago away from 9-9 which would be 5th place in a 10 team league.  IF we get the medical redshirt and 2 pieces, (the one we need to add and the one to replace Cam), no reason we don't compete next year!

What are your two Pieces ?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »

What are your two Pieces ?
We need a shooting guard to replace Cam, and we need a long, mobile, defensive anchor in the middle.  You can't press if they can go over the top for layups.  I see we signed a wing that was 81% on FT.  That will be a welcome change!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!