Author Topic: Cam Morse  (Read 3785 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Cam Morse
« on: March 03, 2018, 06:13:27 AM »
Tough senior year but great career.   Played his heart out for the Penguins so thank you Cam and hopefully you can continue playing over seas.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Cam Morse
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Thanks for everything Cam. Best of luck!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »
I agree. Tough to end his career the way it went & 2 straight tough losses. He couldn't find his shot last night but found ways to contribute & battled to the end. He got beat to hell last night... couldn't believe all the no calls. Announcers even commented.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:41:38 AM »
Cam had a great career for us.  Unfortunately the system and support players let him down for sure.  We need a stronger inside threat to take the heat off our outside players.  Hopefully some of the current inside types can develop over the summer, especially Akuchie who had a nice game against Cleveland State in limited time.  Must be doing something wrong because he gets limited playing time and scored well while in the game. Other question marks are Anibar, Robinson, and Jacob Brown.  Without that improvement we are doomed to less than 500 play.

On another note watched Cleveland State beat Northern Kentucky by 10 after trailing by 5 or so at the half.  They started the game about 10 down and it looked like disaster.  But they kept playing and by the end they had Northern Kentucky taking desperation 3's. 

Hope some new players coming in can improve our team.  May be some departures from the current squad if they can't play at the level.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 01:55:26 AM »
Everyone seemed to lock in on Cam this year and made it tough for him a lot of nights and as you said we struggled at times to find someone else to score the ball.  Just too much inconsistent play.  Braun had some really good games, but had a lot of bad nights as well.   

For most of the year I didn't think Anabir was a Division I caliber player, but he seemed to really improve late in the year.  I thought Ferguson would have had a better season.  He shows flashes at times where he's good on defense and can drive the ball and score, but seemed to really struggle shooting the ball.  He seems like one that I wonder if he'll return. 

I liked what I saw from Akuchie early in the season, but then really didn't get much playing time, but I thought he ended the season strong.  Jacob Brown got playing time in non-conference play then really nothing in league play.   I hope Tyree is back next year.  He seems like he can take over a game, but has to get his stamina level up and needs to control his emotions.