Author Topic: New Mobile Version of the Forum  (Read 4765 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
New Mobile Version of the Forum
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:21:25 AM »
For any of you that are interested, I have installed a beta mobile-version of the forum. It will adjust all the way down to your cell phone in size and permit posting without needing to use SAP.  Let's face it, we all use mobile devices these days & eventually this will become our default. The two things to remember are:

1. It is still beta & may have some issues (although I have been using it for two weeks now and only noticed a couple of issues).
2. It is Blue and White. I will be working to make it Red & White over the coming months.

To load the new look, it is a template called "vVID".. You load it by going into the PROFILE and then select "Look and Layout". It is the very first option ..."Current Theme". Pro-Red is the current theme that is really only designed for desktop. clcik on change and select "vvid". You can change back at any time.

Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:32:17 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: New Mobile Version of the Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:28:17 AM »
I have yet to use it on an android, but I have used it on a Windows-10 tablet, iphone and 2 different ipads using Mozilla and Safari. My hope ifs to have "in-game" chats beginning this football season. May times people at the game can help those forced to watch on TV ..and vice-versa. We can post live pics and such
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:34:39 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:34:28 AM »
Wish I knew what any of this was?  Only thing I understood was "blue and white" and "red and white"!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:27 AM »
Wish I knew what any of this was?  Only thing I understood was "blue and white" and "red and white"!

Go into your profile and then select "Look and Layout". The very first thing you will see is the option to select a template. You have two choices:

1. Pro Red (the current template).
2. Vvid (the mobile template)

Choose VVID and then click on the SAVE button. If you like the red better, do the same thing, only choose "Pro Red".

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »

Go into your profile and then select "Look and Layout". The very first thing you will see is the option to select a template. You have two choices:

Choose VVID and then click on the SAVE button. If you like the red better, do the same thing, only choose "Pro Red".
I don't see the VVID to select, and don't bother further, some projects (me) aren't worth the effort!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:57:39 AM »

I don't see the VVID to select, and don't bother further, some projects (me) aren't worth the effort!

I think you have to click on (change), then select vvid. It is hard to say as I have a slightly different screen

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:20 PM »

I think you have to click on (change), then select vvid. It is hard to say as I have a slightly different screen
you must because I don't see (change) or vvid anywhere.
I'm fine with current setup. 

Offline test

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »
Okay I logged in as a test user and here is what you do to change the look to mobile:

-On menu under "Profile", click on "Modify Profile"
-Click on Look and Layout".
-The top item is 'Current Theme' ... click on "(Change)" next to 'ProRed' or it may say Default.
-The bottom choice will be VVIDE. Click on "Use this theme".
-At the bottom of page click on "Change Profile" button.

That is it.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:08:41 PM by IAA Fan »