Author Topic: Ohio Valley  (Read 10543 times)

ytowngirl

Re: Ohio Valley
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 11:02:48 PM »
I would love to move to the MAC but there is already little interest in YSU football in the community and not sure there would be support.  I've seen the crowds at MAC games and they are pretty embarrassing like YSU's.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
I would be all for the MAC, but not now that they are nothing but mid-week games on STO and ESPN2. I live for my games and tailgating all fall. I experiment with foods and drink, etc. I do not look forward to the idea of taking vacation days to see the games, assuming I can. So I am strongly opposed to any mac move at this point.
I agree with you.  BTW, the OVC would allow you some FB conference road games, wouldn't it?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 08:51:32 AM »
Akron doesn’t want  go backwards and the MAC doesn’t either.  Playing in the leagues we are in creates no interest for the fans that are left.  Maybe we need to go backwards?
I agree.  If you aren't in the SEC you aren't in the top conference anyway.  Pick the one that fits your overall needs best.
Kent is drawing "above NCAA minimum" for football, but Akron and Buffalo are thousands below (Akron has been "buying" their own tickets to fudge the numbers at huge losses)  In a moment of candor I'd bet a ton they wish they could get out of FBS gracefully. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 10:02:29 AM »
I would be all for the MAC, but not now that they are nothing but mid-week games on STO and ESPN2. I live for my games and tailgating all fall. I experiment with foods and drink, etc. I do not look forward to the idea of taking vacation days to see the games, assuming I can. So I am strongly opposed to any mac move at this point.
I agree with you.  BTW, the OVC would allow you some FB conference road games, wouldn't it?

Heck yeah ...I would make just about every one of those. However, I would again like to point out that the OVC is in a down cycle and after a couple of years our recruiting will suffer unless the conference takes an upswing. It would not take much, perhaps even the return of YSU would be enough to get it started?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »

Heck yeah ...I would make just about every one of those. However, I would again like to point out that the OVC is in a down cycle and after a couple of years our recruiting will suffer unless the conference takes an upswing. It would not take much, perhaps even the return of YSU would be enough to get it started?
maybe.  Jacksonville seems to be doing fine on the recruiting.  The Big2 Little8 thrived for decades in what was called the Big10 !