Author Topic: Tyler Hewlett  (Read 10099 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Tyler Hewlett
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
From what I have heard, Tyler never even took the ACT!  He wasn't a student or player at YSU.
not surprising.  risking 4 years in jail for $46 doesn't sound like the sharpest tack in the cushion.  it's a safe bet that wasn't his first day using drugs either.  some of these kids are SO stupid. 
I remain depressed at the less than 400 Americans of color in the freshman class at YSU. well over 50% of youngstown children are "of color" and with that few going to YSU, what is the chances they break the circle of poverty and drugs?  yep, almost -0-.  good grief, over half drop out and don't finish high school!
that's why I am rooting for Ma'lik Richmond.  He at least admitted to doing wrong and is trying to make a life for himself. 
wonder why the vindicator tried to link him to YSU?  just trying to take a shot at the only positive in y-town?  it should be noted that the same jason wier than falsely linked YSU and hewlett, also wrote several of the vindicator stores about ma'lik richmond.  maybe we don't have a vindicator problem, but a wier problem? 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
It is troubling what is going on in college sports.  Baylor, Penn State, Michigan State, Rick Pitino.  When kids see the adults act like they do, what example is that.  Kids are out of control and usually the schools are blind to what is going on because of the big money.  Not sure if it will ever be corrected.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »
It is troubling what is going on in college sports.  Baylor, Penn State, Michigan State, Rick Pitino.  When kids see the adults act like they do, what example is that.  Kids are out of control and usually the schools are blind to what is going on because of the big money.  Not sure if it will ever be corrected.
While what you write here is true, there is nothing new in any of this baylor, penn state etc. etc.  It has always been somebody, somewhere, doing the same things.  I don't think the issue is kids seeing adults and copying their behavior from the public domain nearly as much as it is at home.  You can't fix anything until society expects more from home. 

In my mind the greatest philosopher in the last 100 years is Cuba Gooding Jr.  and his "show me the money" line.  Schools are blind because of the money, true, but there is NOTHING NEW IN THAT, and you CAN be sure, it will not ever "be corrected".  There will always be somebody looking for a shortcut.  Always has been, always will be, but that is no reason you can't expect more from the ones you know and love.  I expect more from YSU than we see from PSU or MSU, and by in large we get better behavior.  Yes, you can hold up a Larry Nasser as the epitome of evil, he is, but you can also look at YSU trying to work with a Ma'lik Richmond to save a single, solitary life, and say, "I'm proud of what YSU is doing in this man's life".  I do!  We don't win any battles in totality, but one life, one person at a time. 
I am getting older than I used to be, and many of my friends are "it's terrible, and looks hopeless" but not me.  I see more opportunity today than ever. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!