Author Topic: YSU v IUPUI  (Read 5981 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU v IUPUI
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:50:37 PM »
Nice win,  Need wins against D-1 opponents to build the program.  Good hustle throughout the game.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU v IUPUI
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:04:07 PM »
We'll take it.   Nice contributions from many and 9 out of 10 at the line.  39 to 19 in our favor on the boards with a tasty 18 on the offensive end.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:35:02 AM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »
We'll take it.   Nice contributions from many and 9 out of 10 at he line.  39 to 19 in our favor on the boards with a tasty 18 on the offensive end.

Much better game than the Thursday's game.
I went to the Thursday's game. We gave up too many uncontested 3 point shots. They shot 50% from the 3. We never made the adjustment to guard the 3 point line. We didn't make foul shots either. We made couple good runs at them. Too many easy buckets late in the game doomed us.
The effort was there. We never set screens for Cam for the shots. I think he had 4 points.
UIC is a much better team than IUPUI.
Good support from the students section.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
Calhoun already showing he's a better coach and Slocum.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »
Calhoun already showing he's a better coach and Slocum.

I hope you are wearing your ruby slippers; because I have not seen any signs of Kansas yet.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:09:19 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:14:11 AM »
IUPUI made a run the second half and it was nice to see the Guins clamp down on defense, take good shots and hit the boards to push the lead back up.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »
Nice game for us.  The press sure affected IUPUI and for a change it got us more turnovers than easy baskets for them. We can play against teams that do not have strong capable bigs with our group which was the case with IUPUI.  We can do the press thing when we can go 8 or 9 deep which we did.  For the future we need some quality bigs to add to our strong group of freshman.  Of course all mid majors are searching for that person.  I saw a big at our game yesterday that I think was on the bench for the game.  I am not aware of any transfers etc that we have sitting out, so who that was is unknown to me.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 02:39:03 PM »
Nice game for us.  The press sure affected IUPUI and for a change it got us more turnovers than easy baskets for them. We can play against teams that do not have strong capable bigs with our group which was the case with IUPUI.  We can do the press thing when we can go 8 or 9 deep which we did.  For the future we need some quality bigs to add to our strong group of freshman.  Of course all mid majors are searching for that person.  I saw a big at our game yesterday that I think was on the bench for the game.  I am not aware of any transfers etc that we have sitting out, so who that was is unknown to me.

May have been John Sally Jr, a freshman who is apart of the program but redshirting this year.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »
May have been John Sally Jr, a freshman who is apart of the program but redshirting this year.
[/quote]

How " big" is he? Where is he from?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »

How " big" is he? Where is he from?
[/quote]

6-11. He's from Virginia.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 07:49:39 PM »
Got to give Jaylen Benton some credit.  The grad sr has played much better as of late.  He seems to be getting comfortable and has been shooting the ball well.

Not sure John Salley will be a scholarship player.  He is 6-11 but I saw no info on him when I did a search.  I'm no insider so just speculating.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 08:00:53 PM »
Got to give Jaylen Benton some credit.  The grad sr has played much better as of late.  He seems to be getting comfortable and has been shooting the ball well.

Not sure John Salley will be a scholarship player.  He is 6-11 but I saw no info on him when I did a search.  I'm no insider so just speculating.
I Googled it and found an article written by Warren Tribune on the 7 non- scholarship players.

He was an non-scholarship walk-on. He was non-scholarship player and was redshirted. According to the article, NCAA limits to 15 scholarships but has no limit on number of non-scholarship walk on. They could dress for the game. At YSU, the number of dressed player for the game was often limited by the number of available chairs on the bench.