Author Topic: Wright State 77 YSU 67  (Read 3924 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Wright State 77 YSU 67
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:26:39 PM »
Closer game than the score .  We can beat the Detroits and Wright States of the Horizon league and we should on our home floor.  We were tied at 58 around the 7 minutes mark and hit the wall.

We can't have Cam go 1 for 12 and have twice as many turnovers  than points(4-2)  Love Cam and I know he was competing but don't force if it's not there and get the others involved.

Devin played hard but he's limited with his girth.  We need some big bodies.  Not sure why Tyree wasn't playing.  Did he miss a class ?  Make an inappropriate  comment about Mrs. Calhoun(joking coach ?  He NEEDS to PLAY.

Major props to Naz Bohannon 15 boards and 11 points.  Naz is learning what it takes to play at this level and he's only scratching the surface.

Team is struggling on the road but they'll be tough at Beeghly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:10:35 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wright State 77 YSU 67
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »
I agree with what you said...we could have come out of that swing 2-1 and worst case 1-2.  Lost focus in the Detroit game & played sluggish.  Really for the most part played well enough to win at Wright State, just couldn't buy a basket towards the end & with Cam struggling seemed to demoralize us.  We're simply not going to win when Cam struggles as bad as he has in several games this year.

And really I didn't think we played too bad against Oakland.  Neither Oakland, Detroit or Wright State were able to cover the spread.  Just would have been nice to come away 4-2 and head home with 2 winnable games. 

I wondered about Tyree myself.  He's a mysterious player to me.  Sometimes he seems unstoppable and puts a lot of effort in, the next time he looks lost and winded.  Played a total of 13 mins in the Oakland & Wright States games with 0 points.  Anabir makes me nervous every time he touches the ball.  I'd honestly rather see Jacob Brown in.  At least he's a better shooter and bit more athletic. 

I also wondered why Coach took out Cam in the Detroit game when he was lighting it up and same thing with Hartfield against Wright State.  I'm sure he was trying to get Hartfield a breather before the 4 min timeout, but I just hate to see that.  Someone else questioned the same thing to me about Cam in the Detroit game, and the announcers mentioned it about Hartfield in the Wright State game.     

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:13:09 PM »
I'm wondering if there is  a health issue that results in Tyree's limited minutes.  I don't want to start a rumor and just thinking out loud but he has been a threat on both ends.
It's bizarre that he's sitting on the bench when we're in a close battle that could go our way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:15:37 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 12:35:03 PM »
I'm wondering if there is  a health issue that results in Tyree's limited minutes.  I don't want to start a rumor and just thinking out loud but he has been a threat on both ends.
It's bizarre that he's sitting on the bench when we're in a close battle that could go our way.

Pretty sure Coach said in a press conference awhile back they got him tested and he checked out ok.