Author Topic: YSU FOOTBALL COORDINATORS  (Read 6341 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU FOOTBALL COORDINATORS
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:15:44 PM »
I am hearing it is a done deal that Brian Crist will be the new offensive coordinator.  He is currently the wide receivers coach.   Bo knows his needs better than us, but was hoping he would bring in an experienced play caller. Hope Crist is ready.

Also likely Richard McNutt D coordinator, that was written on this site long ago, but not a done deal.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:21:08 PM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU FOOTBALL COORDINATORS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »
I am hearing it is a done deal that Brian Crist will be the new offensive coordinator.  He is currently the wide receivers coach.   Bo knows his needs better than us, but was hoping he would bring in an experienced play caller. Hope Crist is ready.

Also likely Richard McNutt D coordinator, that was written on this site long ago, but not a done deal.

Hopefully your wrong and he brings in some experience on both sides

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:34:07 PM »
Interesting that it does not go to coach Carm, as he is the running game coordinator; however coach Brian did spend time in the booth and taking the headset from coach Shane. I suspect coach Carm is possibly going to UNC - Charlotte.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »
Disappointing to say the least in the choice of Crist who has not impressed me with coaching the WR's and he has never called plays before. But I had a feeling Bo was going to promote from the inside.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:49:55 AM by ytownchief22 »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
Bo wants to promote in house.   That being said we have downgraded if both hires are true.   Curios Shane left I thought everything was ok.  I feel YSU has lost its prestige with all the years we have missed the playoffs and good coaches don’t want to come here plus we don’t pay like the top fcs programs do.  But with the connections Bo and and Tressel have you think we would have got a better quality hire. Both guys have no connection to HS coaches in Ohio which will hurt us.  Especially Shane who seemed to have a pipeline in central and South Ohio.  Maybe JT can call plays! Lol
A Penguin for life!!!

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:17:10 AM »
Bo wants to promote in house.   That being said we have downgraded if both hires are true.   Curios Shane left I thought everything was ok.  I feel YSU has lost its prestige with all the years we have missed the playoffs and good coaches don’t want to come here plus we don’t pay like the top fcs programs do.  But with the connections Bo and and Tressel have you think we would have got a better quality hire. Both guys have no connection to HS coaches in Ohio which will hurt us.  Especially Shane who seemed to have a pipeline in central and South Ohio.  Maybe JT can call plays! Lol
Lol, why not ? .Since he said he would stay in YSU instead of running for the US Senate

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 09:38:40 AM »
Shane leaving was a good thing. Poor guy was told he wouldn't get a chance to become the HC so he left. Let's see what Crist brings. He was a big proponent in getting several of these recruits on offense.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 10:05:11 AM »
Sorry you don turn an offense over at this level without experience calling plays and putting a complete game plan together. Since he has been coach the receivers have under achieved. This isn’t a Diamond in the rough here.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »
At this level ? Lol. Cmon now. We're not playing Alabama and Ohio State. For all the posters on here that told us how "complicated" and "complex" Monty's offense was, it always crapped the bed vs the good teams in this conference and seemed pretty damn vanilla and easy to figure out. It will be nice to have some new ideas in this program.

Sorry Chief I messed up your post. I n any case it has been 3 year since Monty's offenses were complicated. At the time was had squat for defense and could win averaging 37.5 points per game.