Author Topic: Monty is gone.  (Read 29379 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Monty is gone.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 10:26:29 AM »
Hopefully whoever it is actually can get along with Bo and bring in a QB with him.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »
Hopefully whoever it is actually can get along with Bo and bring in a QB with him.

You hit it out of the park there Chief.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 06:13:49 PM »
Let’s be honest here. Bo came here and I think had to accept the fact that Shane was part of the deal.  I think it would have seen Monty leave last year but the semi-final changed that.  I think Pelini likes it here and Shane realizes he won’t get the keys to the program staying here with Bo.  Bo will have his chance now to play his style of ball.  Let’s hope for the best.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
Let’s be honest here. Bo came here and I think had to accept the fact that Shane was part of the deal.  I think it would have seen Monty leave last year but the semi-final changed that.  I think Pelini likes it here and Shane realizes he won’t get the keys to the program staying here with Bo.  Bo will have his chance now to play his style of ball.  Let’s hope for the best.

Pretty spot on there.

Online Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »

It is ok for Bo to play his style of football if he has the QB to do it. The coach of the MBB also wants the team to play his style of ball without the proper players and the result speak for itself.
Bo needs to get a QB who can read the defense and can also throw the ball down field.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »
and we still need an offense that can ram the ball when needed; otherwise we are going to back to same terrible defenses that we had under Wolf.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 03:30:50 PM »
and we still need an offense that can ram the ball when needed; otherwise we are going to back to same terrible defenses that we had under Wolf.

Are you inferring that the defense was bad because the offense didn't run the ball?  Those two things are mutually exclusive.  The defense was bad because we didn't have a coach that had a clue on how to run a defense

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »

This comment makes no sense. The defense is the only reason this team has any chance to win games the last 2 years. Wolford has nothing to do with this ? It was long overdue for Monty to leave.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »
No what I said makes perfect sense Chief. As to Monty needing to leave I think you are full of it; but that has nothing to with this comment. Just you wanting to top a post & you simply to not like the guy.

If we do not run a balanced offense the defense will not be prepared come September. It really makes all the sense in the world.

Power I agree with you completely on those two bad DC's under Wolf & that is what I was referring to in part. However, an offense running the ball well is not mutually exclusive from a good defense; in fact it is fundamental. I have said this before...Your offense and defense practice against each other for 6-months out of the year & against outside opposition for only 14-20 hours a year. It is up to our offense to be balanced enough to show the defense as many looks as possible. Conversely, it is up to your defense to give the offense enough looks to also be well prepared. Just think how badly Wofford would have beaten us last season if they had a pass game?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »
I have been trying to understand and make sense of this thread the entire week. Know where on social media can I find that he is know longer the offensive coordinator or has stepped down. Love him or hate him Bo has spoke very highly of shane over the years and said he was a major asset to the program. He has retained his position year in and year out when many thought Bo would part ways with him..So is he staying or going?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 10:40:42 PM »
I have been trying to understand and make sense of this thread the entire week. Know where on social media can I find that he is know longer the offensive coordinator or has stepped down. Love him or hate him Bo has spoke very highly of shane over the years and said he was a major asset to the program. He has retained his position year in and year out when many thought Bo would part ways with him..So is he staying or going?
Gone. I wish him the best in his new gig. He was always very nice when I had chances to talk with him. He did do a lot of good things for our program on the offensive side of the ball.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
Need to get someone in here quick and he and Bo need to bring a QB with them.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »
Need to get someone in here quick and he and Bo need to bring a QB with them.

Go to the Football coaches page.
Carl has been taken off
Shane has not
Until someone can post something other than hearsay I don’t believe he has gone anywhere

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
Source tells FootballScoop Shane Montgomery is leaving Youngstown State to become OC at UNC Charlotte

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »
Source tells FootballScoop Shane Montgomery is leaving Youngstown State to become OC at UNC Charlotte

Thank you for sharing