Author Topic: Monty is gone.  (Read 29614 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Monty is gone.
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:01:20 PM »
He has accepted an offer from a D 1 college.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Monty is gone.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:04:32 PM »
Christmas has arrived early

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
My my my whatever will folks have to complain about.

Best of luck to him.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »
Never understood why he stayed with Bo, or why Bo let him stay?  One guy wanted a running QB, the other a drop back QB.  Neither is right OR wrong, but frankly it was incomparable.  Our OL was frankly ineffective much of the year, but going from Wells to Mays to Wells and back calls for completely different style of blocking and plays and maybe that contributed more then we'll ever know.
Anyway, good luck Shane.
Any on staff possibilities at OC?
This makes Stoops to DC even more likely as it removes one level of newness. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »
Best of luck to him. Long overdue in my eyes.

Offline YSU45

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
He's been trying to leave for YEARS!  Never cared for him, more off field stuff then on field.
Where is he going?

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 02:29:56 PM »
Haven’t heard that he left

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Source? Haven’t seen anything.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »
Of the three top coaches in our program (HC, OC & DC) the worst one is staying on. I do ntot mean this as a Bo slam. Let's be serious, we have (had) the best coordinators at our level. I may not have liked some of Carl's play-calling, but that does not mean that he isn't quite successful at what he does with less-than-exceptional talent. I have always been a fan of Shane.

To have both sides of the ball leave is usually pretty damning to a club.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
Big Hits it will affect our recruiting.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »
Of the three top coaches in our program (HC, OC & DC) the worst one is staying on. I do ntot mean this as a Bo slam. Let's be serious, we have (had) the best coordinators at our level. I may not have liked some of Carl's play-calling, but that does not mean that he isn't quite successful at what he does with less-than-exceptional talent. I have always been a fan of Shane.

Once again. Have not seen anything on him leaving except speculation on this board. 
Sorry not buying it

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »

Wrong again. Monty's reign was long overdue. An offense that is not so complex as you and others make it out to be. Sure it looks good vs Buter and Valpo. Not so much vs MVFC teams. It was time for him to go.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »

Wrong again. Monty's reign was long overdue. An offense that is not so complex as you and others make it out to be. Sure it looks good vs Buter and Valpo. Not so much vs MVFC teams. It was time for him to go.

I stand behind my statement. You just cannot let a positive Monty post stay on top. Losing two coordinators is not exactly the great thing people will spin it to be. If you see it as a positive, then you have to admit Monty's success. I see a loss of two coordinators as an issue at the top, not something positive; at least for YSU.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 06:29:22 AM »

I stand behind my statement. You just cannot let a positive Monty post stay on top. Losing two coordinators is not exactly the great thing people will spin it to be. If you see it as a positive, then you have to admit Monty's success. I see a loss of two coordinators as an issue at the top, not something positive; at least for YSU.

The issue at the top is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ValleyTalk

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 08:58:51 AM »

Once again. Have not seen anything on him leaving except speculation on this board. 
Sorry not buying it
You should buy it. Curious who his replacement will be.