Author Topic: YSU vs BUTLER BB  (Read 4697 times)

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU vs BUTLER BB
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:20:50 PM »
YSU men's BB is again embarrassing to watch on national TV. There no defense and no hope.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs BUTLER BB
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »
Where was Devin Haygood?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:18:32 PM »
Where was Devin Haygood?

Funeral of a family member.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
Dunno why we keep making threads every game. The team is in big transition. This year is a wash.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
Dunno why we keep making threads every game. The team is in big transition. This year is a wash.

I think we have to keep the conversation going.  You are right this season is a wash. I thought with the three top performers coming back and what they added it would be better but with Santiago going down plus all the new parts it's a mess right now.  I'm going to see how conference play goes before I say too much. 

I was the dumb #$% who predicted 16 wins.  Want any stock picks ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:14:34 AM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »
they look like a division 2 team

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
I agree with ucfpengbuck, we have to keep the conversation going.  I remember the old Hollywood line, "there is no such thing as bad publicity, just spell the name right!" 
I see glimmers of hope occasionally during this game.  There were a few occasions where the press really got to Butler.  However, the key to a trapping zone press is having a rover in the paint to pick off the long throws and that was really lacking!  Our help defense is also non-existent.  A couple of these guys need a peripheral vision test, because of it doesn't happen right in their faces, they don't see a thing!  This team misses a point guard BIG TIME.  But with Santiago we probably would have won only 5-6 games.  We have odd shooting motions, very slow "big men". and are sloppy with the ball.  Frankly, I'm surprised at the number of careless turnovers.  That is coaching and concentration.  What I see is errors of omission, not commission.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!