Author Topic: Men's basketball Bob Morris  (Read 4524 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Men's basketball Bob Morris
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:53:20 PM »
34 all at half.  We're 1 of 11 from 3 and RMU is 5 of 9.  Guys are competing but need to hit shots.  Cam is 0 for 6.

Offline penguinparade

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball Bob Morris
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
Good to see Devin Haygood with a good game and only fouling out with 15 seconds left. Still to win a D1 game though....

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
Good to see Devin Haygood with a good game and only fouling out with 15 seconds left. Still to win a D1 game though....

Devin played his rear off.  Decent effort just can't get consistency.   Needed Cam to have at least an average game and we win.   Feel bad for Santiago.   Francisco is a real good point guard and this team is really feeling his absence.   I'm no doctor but he looks like he won't be healthy this season.  Hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:44:07 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »
Santiago's knee is done. This team may not win a D1 game all year. Brighter future ahead.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
Definitely competed hard.  It would have been a nice rewarding win.  Few little things here and there were the difference.  A couple wasted turnovers throwing the ball away.  I think if Hartfield had knocked down that wide open 3 during that run it would have brought the house down and maybe swung the momentum totally to YSU.  Couple layups were there that didn't fall.  Just could never get over the hump.  Looking back that 7-0 run to start the 2nd half was really the difference.  That was a shame to see that happen.

FT shooting was better, but still not where it needs to be.  Terrible 3-point shooting.  Really both FT & 3-pt shooting has cost us at least 2, maybe 3 games.   

I agree with a healthy Santiago & just an avg game by Cam & this would have been a good victory.  Feel bad for those two.  Noticed Santiago came out of the locker room late after halftime during the timeout after the 7-0 RMU run.     

Garrett Covington continues to impress me...hard to believe he's a freshman.  He's going to have a bright future.     

Pretty good crowd for a mid-week non-conference game.  Good student support.

You could really hear the pain in Coach Calhoun's voice on the post-game show. 

Really wish we had Latin Davis now.  He could have been huge with Santiago & Ferguson's injuries. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:44:06 PM by mudclods »

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:40:40 AM »
Is Cam in the doghouse.  Down the stretch he was on the bench.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
  I was at the game, and can't blame loss on lack of effort, YSU played hard.  Both teams competed.  However, this was one YSU needed, not a good Robert Morris team.   They cleaned house, several new players. Good point above on Cam Morse, was on the bench for most of the stretch run.  He looked winded, and struggled on the defensive end of the court.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »
Cam and defense don't belong in the same sentence.