Author Topic: Mt Union Quarterback  (Read 4191 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Mt Union Quarterback
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:26 AM »
I can't believe Mt Union let their quarterback play with a warrant for his arrest in Florida.  He does not have to appear until Dec. 20th so he can keep on playing.  Guess it is all about winning.  These kids sure get in a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:14:08 AM by YSU1 »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Mt Union Quarterback
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:30:27 AM »
This is the USA, innocent until proven guilty, unless it involves the opposite sex.  And for athletes, it's usually innocent if you are good enough. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »
I can't believe Mt Union let their quarterback play with a warrant for his arrest in Florida.  He does not have to appear until Dec. 20th so he can keep on playing.  Guess it is all about winning.  These kids sure get in a lot of trouble.
May be the lady who filed the petition to stop Richmond from playing can now start another petition in Mount Union to play in the post season?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
May be the lady who filed the petition to stop Richmond from playing can now start another petition in Mount Union to play in the post season?
In fairness, at least Richmond was guilty.  A warrant is not necessarily a conviction.  I give Mount Union credit.  They came right out and said, "we know about it and he is good to go until convicted".   YSU, and my beloved Jim Tressel, were trying to please everybody and instead pleased no one.  JT should have known NOT to cower to mob rule.  I was proud of the way he stood up for his players at OSU, but I am embarrassed over his handling of the Richmond episode.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 04:33:06 PM »
In fairness, at least Richmond was guilty.  A warrant is not necessarily a conviction.  I give Mount Union credit.  They came right out and said, "we know about it and he is good to go until convicted".   YSU, and my beloved Jim Tressel, were trying to please everybody and instead pleased no one.  JT should have known NOT to cower to mob rule.  I was proud of the way he stood up for his players at OSU, but I am embarrassed over his handling of the Richmond episode.

Go Guins,
To be fair, I need to leave my boss alone...