Author Topic: Bobby Huggins and WVU coming to Covelli  (Read 9219 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Bobby Huggins and WVU coming to Covelli
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »
This was 100% Calhoun getting this done,  period.  I also heard that Strollo was hesitant to sign the deal because the game was off campus.

You mean Strollo did his job? Imagine that. The game is at Covelli for revenue share & it is too darn small for anyone to care & once we have one large team play in Beeghly, we may get more ...but we don't care about that anyway LOL. WVU is not playing at YSU ...they are playing IN YOUNGSTOWN  as a good will tour is easier to spin to the coal folks back home & the WVU administration. So let's just go on and insult the guy some more as he does not care about what is good for the school  :o
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:25:30 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 02:03:02 PM »
From Vargo at the Trib.

YSUMensHoops to host Western Michigan in 2018-19 season.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 02:23:35 PM »
From Vargo at the Trib.

Great job Ron!
Amazing how the genius that is Ron Strollo's MBB program has awakened after only 22 years at YSU and 17 as the AD!  It is just a coincidence that his "awakening" corresponded to the arrival of Jarrod Calhoun!
Cmon 1AA, tell me this was all your boy Ron's doing.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »
From Vargo at the Trib.

Great job Ron!
Amazing how the genius that is Ron Strollo's MBB program has awakened after only 22 years at YSU and 17 as the AD!  It is just a coincidence that his "awakening" corresponded to the arrival of Jarrod Calhoun!
Cmon 1AA, tell me this was all your boy Ron's doing.

Gave up on preaching the obvious. Too many members of the church of Tressel, Pelini and Holy Ghost Amen. Besides, WMU? Man give the guy a contract extension! This is a MAC team & not a single school in that conference should be scheduled without a Beeghly component. We have hosted what ...7 MAC schools in the past 5-years. This is just a nice FYI from Vargo. So tell me, since our coaches do all of the scheduling now, does this mean that Slocum got us the games against Purdue, Michigan, Notre Dame ...or just the Geneva game in between?   ;)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 08:45:02 AM »
"Gave up on preaching the obvious. Too many members of the church of Tressel, Pelini and Holy Ghost Amen."
You forgot Calhoun!
On another thread I just said how embarrassed I was by Tressel's actions in the Richmond case.  I can make honest assessments as issues unfold, can you and your godlike reverence for Strollo?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!