Author Topic: Double Header Tonight  (Read 11837 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Double Header Tonight
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »
Hope we show some support for the teams tonight.

Women at 5:15 vs Kent

Men 7:30 vs Franciscan

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Double Header Tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »
Men's team should be able to get over 100 pts against D3 team with up tempo offense and high press defense. He probably will slow down the O and call off the press when the game is well in hand.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »
Men's team should be able to get over 100 pts against D3 team with up tempo offense and high press defense. He probably will slow down the O and call off the press when the game is well in hand.
I certainly hope not.  We need all the reps possible and as tired and gassed as they were against KSU, resting is exactly what they DON'T need!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »
Hope the ladies can pull out a W !

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
Hope the ladies can pull out a W !
Bet you a beer at Stambaugh's on Saturday they are closer than the men were!  I'm amazed that Cash and 12 points in 12 minutes the other night.  You see here and you thing, she doesn't look tough, but she is!

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:16:36 PM »
what purpose did that serve to play a high school team.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »
Not justifying the game because I don’t like them either. but we aren’t the only ones scheduling these games. For instance, tonight Toledo struggled to beat D3 Ohio Northern. With under three mins left it was a 2pt game. At the very least we took care of business and got everyone some reps. Let’s see Friday how we can compete against a decent mid major in Canisius.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
Disappointed in the women. Why Barnes doesn't play a duo of Cash/Dunn/Secrest at the same time is mind boggling. This team gets dominated on the boards. Arbanas and Smolinski having shooting woes doesn't help either but something has to change. Too many subs too. These girls can't get in a rhythm offensively.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:43 PM »
Not justifying the game because I don’t like them either. but we aren’t the only ones scheduling these games. For instance, tonight Toledo struggled to beat D3 Ohio Northern. With under three mins left it was a 2pt game. At the very least we took care of business and got everyone some reps. Let’s see Friday how we can compete against a decent mid major in Canisius.

Franciscan was 4-20 last year, a terrible team in d3. Scheduling a good d3 could at least have some value

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 08:47:24 AM »
Disappointed in the women. Why Barnes doesn't play a duo of Cash/Dunn/Secrest at the same time is mind boggling. This team gets dominated on the boards. Arbanas and Smolinski having shooting woes doesn't help either but something has to change. Too many subs too. These girls can't get in a rhythm offensively.
"duo" of Cash/Dunn/Secrest?  maybe "trio"?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
D3 or whatever, I don't see anybody noting the 13-14 for 92.9% from the foul line.  After the Kent game, all I read was TERRIBLE free throws.  OMG, they better improve that!  Free throw percentage is all I care about. 
Now nothing...........  IMO if you are going to rip young men trying their best, then they deserve a pat on the back when they respond.
This team may not have a winning record this year, but mark my words, we have a coach and he is going to get the right guys, and they are going to learn and work the system, and we are going to win.  Somebody doubt this 1/2 way through the season, just go look up Tressel's record his first season.  (2-9)  Takes more than a minute to turn decades of losing around.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »

I mean having 2 out of those 3 on the court at the same time. Barnes needs some adjustments or this team is in trouble.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:57 AM »

I mean having 2 out of those 3 on the court at the same time. Barnes needs some adjustments or this team is in trouble.
Sorry, your duo just caught me funny.  Honestly, I did think you know the difference between 2 and 3 (after all, your not pen4life)  Frankly, if Arbanas pours in -0- this team is going to be in trouble most nights.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »
I agree with much of what has been said, ie too many substitutions and playing 2 or the 3 bigs at once to have a chance inside.  One player I think can help is #13, Morgan Brunner.  When she is in she shoots the ball well and gets rebounds.  Not sure if she is quick enough to guard smaller quicker guards, but I think she can help with our poor outside shooting so far.  Our outside shooting has killed us in both losses in addition to our inside game both on offense and defense.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 10:59:05 AM »
Having 2 bigs in at the same time will also open up more space for 3 point shots. I know our guards are tiny but something has to give. He tries to play Myers, Wright, Olson or Peters out there at the wing position and they struggle.