Author Topic: Missouri State  (Read 13002 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Missouri State
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 05:54:44 PM »
The playoff format is wrong.  Go back to 16 teams, no automatic berths and take the top 16 teams.

I agree, the trick is how to determine the top 16 teams fairly.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 11:21:46 PM »
Isn't it sad, CCSU who will be 8-3 after today and won their conference and will be in the playoffs lost to us 59-9 lol.

Nope. Well deserved. Play-offs should be all numbers. You should never see a #3, #4 or worse team in any conference make it in. There should be 6 from each region, while I would rather see 4 from each region ...16-total. You can gripe all you want but YSU would recruit No One if they were in those two conferences and we would be as bad, if not worse, than CCSU; then you would not feel the same way as you do now. It is just common sense, if you take so many team from one conference, that conference dominates the rest, which simply makes for a bad football division.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:26:56 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 11:26:55 PM »
Isn't it sad, CCSU who will be 8-3 after today and won their conference and will be in the playoffs lost to us 59-9 lol.

Nope. Well deserved. Play-offs should be all numbers. You should never see a #3, #4 or worse team in any conference make it in. There should be 6 from each region. You can gripe all you want but YSU would recruit No One if they were in those two conferences and we would be as bad, if not worse, than CCSU.

Well we're not so congrats. Hope they enjoy their week because they get blown out first round and it's time to pack it in. That's a terrible football team.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »

Nope. Well deserved. Play-offs should be all numbers. You should never see a #3, #4 or worse team in any conference make it in. There should be 6 from each region, while I would rather see 4 from each region ...16-total. You can gripe all you want but YSU would recruit No One if they were in those two conferences and we would be as bad, if not worse, than CCSU; then you would not feel the same way as you do now. It is just common sense, if you take so many team from one conference, that conference dominates the rest, which simply makes for a bad football division.

Agree 100% CCSU may be worse but they earned their way and we didn’t . Our conference isn’t the problem, the playoff committee respects the MVFC enough that at 7-4 we’ve got a better than 50% shot at the playoffs. We don’t need to win this conference or even get second place to make the playoffs, heck all we need to do is get top 3 or 4 and we’re almost a lock for the post season. We had our chances this year and the bar was pretty low. We have a nicer facility and better football legacy AND by far better coaches than most teams in our conference,
Finishing top 3 or 4 is not unattainable and certainly shouldn’t warrant a discussion of playoff fairness.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 06:50:40 AM »
Chief what's even more funnier is Lehigh will get the auto bid for their conference with a 5-6 record. I'm thinking the committee will match them up in the 1st round against CCSU and the winner will get the right to be humiliated by JMU in the second round 😅

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 06:56:27 AM »
I am going to agree about we should be a top 4 team in conference year in and year out to a point.   But the playoffs should be the top 24 teams not this farce  that goes on in our division.  It’s a joke.  Our playoff format doesn’t make the sub-fcs schools upgrade or spend money to  make the situation more balanced.  As for recruiting.  If you win and have good facilities they will come.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »
First of all, any of you that think ccsu belongs in the playoffs and justify their win loss record is f***ed in the head.  They are a lousy football team, a paper tiger.  The FCS playoff selection sucks for multiple reasons.  First, the top 24 teams don't make the field, second politics is the name of the game, and they don't have anyone qualified to use the eyeball test within the group (unlike the CBS selection).  It is a joke.  When I look at the top 24 teams I say that we are in if that is how they pick them.  Do we have a chance at a title?  I don't think so.  What happened to the team this year is the real question.  How do you go from OT losses while playing great defense and offense against great teams to looking like you are hanging on against crappy teams?  It isn't all injuries either.  Once again the selection committee did their thing but we didn't deserve it this year.  The whole process is a joke.  Ccsu is not deserving and they will get rolled.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:27:11 AM by penguinpower »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
I am going to agree about we should be a top 4 team in conference year in and year out to a point.   But the playoffs should be the top 24 teams not this farce  that goes on in our division.  It’s a joke.  Our playoff format doesn’t make the sub-fcs schools upgrade or spend money to  make the situation more balanced.  As for recruiting.  If you win and have good facilities they will come.

This will be my 100th year in a row saying;

STOP THE AUTO-BIDS!!!!

Take the best 24 or 16 teams and let them play for the title! Let conferences reward the winners of their conference PERIOD! Thank god the IVEY, MEAC, and SWAC don't participate.   >:(

Not saying YSU earned a playoff spot but I bet about 2/3rd's of the goddamn teams in this play off field would not like to see the YSU team busses pulling up to the stadium.  8)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 08:48:51 AM »
Did you see the name on that #33 jersey?

:o :o :o :o :o

It was a thing of beauty  :D

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »
I thought that was you Red . I watched the replay Sunday to make sure . Sweet

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 09:14:23 AM »
I thought that was you Red . I watched the replay Sunday to make sure . Sweet

:D #33 is about 3 inches taller than me LOL.

Man I miss you guys! We need to get together soon!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »

STOP THE AUTO-BIDS!!!!

Take the best 24 or 16 teams and let them play for the title! Let conferences reward the winners of their conference PERIOD! Thank god the IVEY, MEAC, and SWAC don't participate.   >:(

Not saying YSU earned a playoff spot but I bet about 2/3rd's of the goddamn teams in this play off field would not like to see the YSU team busses pulling up to the stadium.  8)

Ditto
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne