Author Topic: Indiana State  (Read 19041 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana State
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »
agreed

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
Tank the season and get a top 5 pick!!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
Penguin Ice was Durkin working at quarterback with the second team in practice when you were there?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 09:07:06 AM »
Tank the season and get a top 5 pick!!!!
good plan, wrong sport.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »
Penguin Ice was Durkin working at quarterback with the second team in practice when you were there?

Yes he was. He had some nice zip on the ball. I would expect to see him on Saturday. For the life of me I can’t figure out why Soloman Warfield doesn’t start

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »

Yes he was. He had some nice zip on the ball. I would expect to see him on Saturday. For the life of me I can’t figure out why Soloman Warfield doesn’t start
Well, it's pretty clear Mays isn't the guy.  We went to a WR instead of Craycraft, so redshirt or not, they don't seem too high on Joe.  If the medical RS doesn't come through for Wells, maybe Durkin will be the 2018 guy?  He certainly has a history as a winner.
As to Warfield, not sure about up to now, but from now on, seniors need to move over. 

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 09:30:41 AM »
For the life of me I can’t figure out why Soloman Warfield doesn’t start
I have been wondering the same thing

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »

Well, it's pretty clear Mays isn't the guy.  We went to a WR instead of Craycraft, so redshirt or not, they don't seem too high on Joe.  If the medical RS doesn't come through for Wells, maybe Durkin will be the 2018 guy?  He certainly has a history as a winner.
As to Warfield, not sure about up to now, but from now on, seniors need to move over.

As to Craycraft, I’m wouldn’t say that their not too high on him. I think it’s more of let’s see what we have in Durkin.
As to the Seniors. I agree that they need to move over. That’s what frustrated me about practice the last two days. Because that’s not what’s happening. My comment on Warfield was that he should have been back there all along

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
I'd still start all the "starters", but after the first series it'd be next years players, no doubt.  If we can't beat Indiana State with next year's players, it's better to find out sooner than later.  The back-ups on the OL are HUGE.  Time to see if they can do anything besides eat!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »
QB position is a serious problem. Now were possibly going to play a guy who hasn't played the position in about 3 years. Wasn't a real good pure passer, hence why he was moved to TE in the first place. Sad...

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 10:30:12 AM »
I'd still start all the "starters", but after the first series it'd be next years players, no doubt.  If we can't beat Indiana State with next year's players, it's better to find out sooner than later.  The back-ups on the OL are HUGE.  Time to see if they can do anything besides eat!

Agree with everything your saying, unfortunately I don’t see it happening until maybe the final game

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 10:41:01 AM »

Agree with everything your saying, unfortunately I don’t see it happening until maybe the final game
We have 3 MVFC games left, it would be a huge shame to waste them on the guys that let us down when it counted! (Illinois State)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 11:11:46 AM »

Unless they are eligible to red shirt. If anything, you owe the seniors.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »

Unless they are eligible to red shirt. If anything, you owe the seniors.
You owe the seniors an opportunity to compete.  Did you see last Saturday's game?  They didn't compete, so you own the YOUNG guys a change to compete.  I start the starters, play them a series and play them a half at home on senior day.  I've honored my commitment to the players while finding out where we need to go.  IF we have OT’s on the bench, let’s find out.  If we don’t, we need to look at JCs and transfers.  You need to find out.  None of our seniors are going to make a dollar playing FB, so you own them an opportunity to study!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
I'll be disappointed Saturday if I don't see the 2nd and 3rd string guys getting more snaps.