Author Topic: Basketball Charity Game  (Read 9257 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Basketball Charity Game
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »
Tonight the men are playing basically a scrimmage type game vs Thiel. Tickets are $5 and all proceeds are going to the hurricane relief efforts. Gives you a chance to see the team in action before the season starts.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Charity Game
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
Coach Calhoun has more good marketing ideas than the whole AD has developed in...............forever
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »
It was an excellent idea

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 10:07:19 PM »
http://ysusports.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/boxscores/20171024_2mg6.xml?view=boxscore

No Tyree Robinson.  Hopefully it's just something minor.  Rave reviews on him from preseason practice.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:00:39 PM »
http://ysusports.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/boxscores/20171024_2mg6.xml?view=boxscore

No Tyree Robinson.  Hopefully it's just something minor.  Rave reviews on him from preseason practice.

Just looked at the box score, we still can't shoot FT (55%). Can't win too many games with that. It almost becomes the YSU traditions.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »

He had his wisdom teeth taken out. He's fine.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 09:27:03 AM »

He had his wisdom teeth taken out. He's fine.
Having been there, done that, you might have said "He'll BE fine!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:18 AM »
yes ET, some of the stats are what I would expect with an uptempo offense & low shooting percentage. Look at 45 Rebounds for Theil. I was not there, so I do not want to say, but that usually indicates quick shots, not making them & trying to get back too soon. Disappointed to see Santiago at back-up, everyone liked what they saw with Noe Anabir.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »
yes ET, some of the stats are what I would expect with an uptempo offense & low shooting percentage. Look at 45 Rebounds for Theil. I was not there, so I do not want to say, but that usually indicates quick shots, not making them & trying to get back too soon. Disappointed to see Santiago at back-up, everyone liked what they saw with Noe Anabir.

Santiago is still nursing his knee injury from the summer. He will be start when fully healthy.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »

Yes, there will be the problem if they cannot get back on defense when they don't score after the fast break.

If they are going to play a up tempo game, they will try to drive more towards the basket.

When they got fouled more and if they only can shoot 50% from the foul line, we will be giving up lots of points (15+) per game including many front end of the one and one.

I think the coach played almost everybody and sat the starters down early. Otherwise, how could Strollo be our leading scorer? Who knows, might be the backups were not as focused.

WYTV showed some highlights in their sport news last night. One of the Theil player drove under the basket and did a reversed lay up between 3 of our tall players. Even the sport news guy said "where was the defense?"

We will find out soon in the Kent State game.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 02:32:45 PM »
Anybody see an amount raised for hurricane relief?  $5 and a good practice session would be OK, but just curious.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 04:29:33 PM »
Thanks Chief for the info on Tyree.    Santiago looks to be on a pitch count but he will be the starting pg when he's healthy. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
Intersting to see coach is gonna start Haygood who's 6-7 over Wilbourn, the 7 footer. I know he's gonna substitute like crazy so it really doesn't matter but just figured he would get more size out there to start.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »
ucfpengbuck, this is a GREAT link!  This makes a wonderful few minutes scrolling down looking at all the nicknames. If you knew 25% of them, you: 1) are a liar, 2) need a life!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ranking-all-351-college-basketball-teams-from-duke-to-alabama-a-m/