Author Topic: Penguin Playbook/Pelini  (Read 10565 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Penguin Playbook/Pelini
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:41:01 AM »
  I usually listen to Penguin Playbook on Monday night, and several of the shows Pelini has been a no show, including last night.  Would have helped to have him on and hype Saturday's game.  Isn't this show really the coaches show?  And the coach not there.

What I do like is that Hannon gets opposing play by play guys on.  ND St guy last night said this may be there best defense they have ever had.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Penguin Playbook/Pelini
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »
He's too busy getting his hand looked at after he was punching lockers in the USD locker room last week.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
LOL...yes he should always, always, always show up. Best defense ever ...well EWU has turned out to be nothing this year, so I have yet to see their defense play anyone. What is EWU nationally above last place in rushing this year?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »
Hopefully Bo will do his weekly presser today. Come to think of it i never came across a post game after SD unless i missed it

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 03:22:53 PM »
Pelini has been exactly where he should be on several Monday evenings: at his daughter's volleyball games.  They should tape the show at a time convenient to everybody.  We don't need props like a live audience; we need information.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 07:57:39 AM »
  Wick while it is admirable that Pelini wants to be at his daughter's game, you are so wrong.  I would like to know how many coaches shows Tressel, Heacock, and Wofford missed?   Take it a step further, how many shows has Urban Meyer missed?   We all have commitments, and it is part of the job. 

All of us have missed family events because of work commitments.  if his daughter was playing in the state finals, that's a different story.  Doing these shows has to be in his contract.  Let's be honest here, he doesn't come because he doesn't like this part of the job.  Bo is a great defensive mind, and enjoys coaching, it is obvious he doesn't like any of the other aspects of being a head coach.

He was a pain in the a** at Nebraska for the media and administration, and the same here. But at the end of the day, his boss, Ron Strollo needs to demand he honor these commitments.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »
1990 your 110% correct!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »
Pelini has been exactly where he should be on several Monday evenings: at his daughter's volleyball games.  They should tape the show at a time convenient to everybody.  We don't need props like a live audience; we need information.

I'm with Wick on this one

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »
Guys, you do realize that family was THE REASON why Pelini returned to Youngstown.  Of course he should do coaches shows, but there is no reason whatsoever why those have to be live.  As I stated before, tape them at a mutually convenient time and everybody would be happy.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 04:58:13 PM »
Give the guy a break what needs to happen is to schedule his time where he can do both. Problem solved. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
If he gets us back to Frisco he can miss every press conference the rest of the year for all I’m concerned.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 09:28:04 PM »

ditto
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 09:19:37 AM »
guys this is a crazy argument. It is his job. Why say anything else? There are no passes. My dad missed most everything in my life, just as every father of my friends. If Bo did not show up for games or practices, would you say something? Yes because that is his job .... so are his media appearances. They are absolutely the same thing.

Change the day, that is fine with me ...just let me know well in advance so I can adjust my schedule. If her VB team advances and has special games, make some arrangements. I expect to see and hear from Bo and BOTH coordinators every week. You can alternate the other coaches. Players should alternate, but make sure that we all get to hear and see the seniors. I think all of the seniors (that do not have school conflicts) should be at every show. If Bo needs to record his Q&A once or twice a season ...so what? In short, make the show something bigger and you won't miss someone who does not appear.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
 1AA is right.  Bo can't have it both ways.  He has expressed his unhappiness with lack of big crowds and fan support, but he does nothing to help this or market his program.  Whether fans come in person or listen on the radio they are not interested in hearing from a tight ends coach, they want the head coach, period.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 09:51:27 PM »
I'm sure a compromise could be worked out. That said, I do like tight ends Coach Joe Ganz. He's a good coach.