Author Topic: YSU vs. North Dakota State  (Read 58857 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs. North Dakota State
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like we never run the ball to the left side? I’m surprised they when our run game stalled out in the second half that Montgomery didn’t at least try to run to the left.

That's too much for Montgomery to handle. He only does things the other team will know are coming.

The Chief don't like Monty.

Don't care for his play calling. Think he's overstayed his welcome here at YSU.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
Difference in the game was the inability to curb Stick's running.  YSU did a good job when he threw the ball (11-20 for 113), and the D contained their rb's (29 for 108, 3.7 per), but Stick killed the Guins with his feet (11 for 172).  172 yards rushing for a QB that came into the game with 92 yards on the season.  If YSU had a LB or defensive back "spying" him, they didn't do their job, and if they weren't using a "spy" they should have been.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
Difference in the game was the inability to curb Stick's running.  YSU did a good job when he threw the ball (11-20 for 113), and the D contained their rb's (29 for 108, 3.7 per), but Stick killed the Guins with his feet (11 for 172).  172 yards rushing for a QB that came into the game with 92 yards on the season.  If YSU had a LB or defensive back "spying" him, they didn't do their job, and if they weren't using a "spy" they should have been.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.374573832.5501/flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like we never run the ball to the left side? I’m surprised they when our run game stalled out in the second half that Montgomery didn’t at least try to run to the left.

That's too much for Montgomery to handle. He only does things the other team will know are coming.

Surely you can't be serious! 8)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »

Right on. I would add the fact that they were able to ram the ball down are throats at will late in the first half and middle second half. Then Carl did his famous safety creep and then Stick hit a completely unguarded TE for the score. That is because our D-line was dominated outside of the 30, when Carl cannot put his LB's on the butts of the DL. Monty's play-calling was excellent this game. I still question his TB and TE rotation though. We were still being pushed into second-and-long 2/3's of the drives, but Mays was able to get the ball downfield this week.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »

Right on. I would add the fact that they were able to ram the ball down are throats at will late in the first half and middle second half. Then Carl did his famous safety creep and then Stick hit a completely unguarded TE for the score. That is because our D-line was dominated outside of the 30, when Carl cannot put his LB's on the butts of the DL. Monty's play-calling was excellent this game. I still question his TB and TE rotation though. We were still being pushed into second-and-long 2/3's of the drives, but Mays was able to get the ball downfield this week.

I don’t blame the safety creep for the TE touchdown. The safety wasn’t coming up on that coverage he was doubling the WR. It’s the job of the LB to cover that tight end and he got beat bad, he never touched him. By the time he turned and ran with him it was too late

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »
Hey DavidS , he is serious & stop calling him Shirley . ;D ;D ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2017, 04:33:32 PM »
Here is one for both the coordinators:

"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you".  ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:34:19 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »

Agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:07 PM »

Gee ya think! Funny
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

With all the recent controversy about disrespecting the flag and national anthem, I will be curious to see if our bison friends have cleaned up their act.

Seriously, after the sh** going on at YSU, you throw this idiotic comment out there?
#braindead

Care to be more specific? Because I seriously have no idea what you are referring to.

After the Bison's RJ Urzendowski made an ESPN-worthy touchdown catch early in the second quarter—one hand, left-handed on a bullet throw to the corner of the end zone by Easton Stick—a Youngstown State fan threw a bowl of chili on the NDSU receiver as he was jogging back to the bench.
You mean they were serving Chili at the concession stand????? I've got to leave my seat more often! ;D

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2017, 12:08:24 AM »

WELL Stick didn't have to scramble at all the first 5 games to be honest, maybe YSU relied too much on scouting 2017 instead of 2016?  just a thought.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2017, 09:30:29 PM »
Lol--said that purposely but didn't think anyone would  come up with the right response--I was wrong! ;D

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2017, 08:24:06 AM »
Lol--said that purposely but didn't think anyone would  come up with the right response--I was wrong! ;D
glad to see we are maintaining our sense of humor with 3 last second losses!  good sign going forward. win our and make the playoffs and anything can still happen.  there isn't one team we played that I don't think we can beat in a rematch!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »
Pitt and NDSU  are better than any team in FCS and we lost to both by 3 points in overtime--we are capable of beating any team in FCS imho.