Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 80133 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2017, 11:30:41 PM »
He lost us the game.
Biggest bunch of BS I ever read. How about 21 unanswered points against ysu in the first half? We never even forced a single punt. The game NEVER rides on one play. Hey 0-0 at the half and we win this game 21-0.

We wouldn't have been in the game without him playing.  Thay being said, he is a senior and he needs to throw that one away.  Just my opinion.  Otherwise great performance

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2017, 08:44:53 AM »
He threw the ball to nobody in the end zone. Sat back there for 5 seconds then when the pressure finally came, he just threw it up. Sorry, he doesn't get a pass from me. A senior shouldn't make that mistake.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2017, 10:03:17 AM »
He lost us the game.
Biggest bunch of BS I ever read. How about 21 unanswered points against ysu in the first half? We never even forced a single punt. The game NEVER rides on one play. Hey 0-0 at the half and we win this game 21-0.

We wouldn't have been in the game without him playing.  Thay being said, he is a senior and he needs to throw that one away.  Just my opinion.  Otherwise great performance
Well said Power. Clearly he blew two crucial scoring pas attempts, but he played the best half of FB from behind the line of scrimmage I have seen in a YSU uniform in quite a number of years. #6 and # 7 were getting mugged all day and never a call. I liked how all the replays (said one ball placement) went our way. It just shows there was some poor/biased calling.

Again we need a TB to step up. McCaster is our thunder and we need some lightning. I like #20 with the ball but not on punt returns. He seems to have a couple of moves. We cannot rely on safeties again this year. Coach Carl has a lot of work to do. I cannot believe Pitt fell for it all half. MVFC teams will not.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:10:08 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/sep/03/close-not-enough-for-bo/?newswatch&mobile Give Wells credit for taking blame. This game was lost going into half down 21-0. Just cant dig yourself that kind of a hole against a P-5 school early on and expect to come back and win. If Pitt had any kind of a field goal kicker, overtime would have never came into play. Their quarterback looked terrified to throw the ball downfield at times. I thought our staff made great adjustments at halftime, very pleased with the line play on each side of the ball in the second half, very little pressure on Hunter all day. Just glad we got out of this fairly healthy and were competitive. We have a very talented team that has a chance to be really good down the road !!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »
Let's build on this there were very many positives.  The refs have always homered us at Pitt with the BS calls. I wish we had another game against a lower FBS team instead of the BS games to help prepare for our league.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
I just got home(central Florida) from my OSU/Hubbard/YSU football weekend and suprised but not shocked at the reactions relating to Hunter Wells.  He made a terrible decision on his last throw but he made a lot of great throws to bring us back.    Without Wells we're not competitive in this game.

Side note.   Heinz field = pretty women.     Bloomington Indiana = Not so much.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
I just got home(central Florida) from my OSU/Hubbard/YSU football weekend and suprised but not shocked at the reactions relating to Hunter Wells.  He made a terrible decision on his last throw but he made a lot of great throws to bring us back.    Without Wells we're not competitive in this game.

Side note.   Heinz field = pretty women.     Bloomington Indiana = Not so much.
Bloomington must be really terrible, because other than cheerleades I didn't see much in PITT! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »
Was at the game and what I saw was a Pitt team that was bigger than we were in just about every position.  To hold our own in the game was a success in my opinion.  For the most part the defense was in position to make plays but the size factor hurt us, especially in the first half.  Not sure what the difference was in the second half, but we sure looked better. Probably adjustments by our staff on defense and personnel changes. The defensive backs did well I think and will be ok as time goes on. On offense Hunter played well, but left some things on the field that could have really changed the game and gave us points in the first half to make it a different game overall. But the Pitt QB didn't look that good to me and will cost them if he doesn't improve. I think we will be fine this year.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2017, 01:29:28 PM »
Was at the game and what I saw was a Pitt team that was bigger than we were in just about every position.  To hold our own in the game was a success in my opinion.  For the most part the defense was in position to make plays but the size factor hurt us, especially in the first half.  Not sure what the difference was in the second half, but we sure looked better. Probably adjustments by our staff on defense and personnel changes. The defensive backs did well I think and will be ok as time goes on. On offense Hunter played well, but left some things on the field that could have really changed the game and gave us points in the first half to make it a different game overall. But the Pitt QB didn't look that good to me and will cost them if he doesn't improve. I think we will be fine this year.
Roster for roster, size is about the same.  There is something about the YSU uniforms that make us look smaller for some reason.  I notice it a LOT, not just at Pitt.  We are big enough, but the uniforms don't do us justice.  BTW, IMO the Pitt uniforms are among the very best in football, any level. 

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2017, 03:43:15 PM »
I know this game is long past, but a point I am wondering about is the lack of penalty calls at the end of games or just in general.  If you watch the Pitt game on the play of their score in overtime, our number 4 is being held.  If that is called an entirely different game possibly.  Also in the Eastern Washington game last year on the Rader catch, he is definitely being held and again no call. In both cases almost no mention of these calls or non calls.  Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2017, 07:58:03 PM »
I know this game is long past, but a point I am wondering about is the lack of penalty calls at the end of games or just in general.  If you watch the Pitt game on the play of their score in overtime, our number 4 is being held.  If that is called an entirely different game possibly.  Also in the Eastern Washington game last year on the Rader catch, he is definitely being held and again no call. In both cases almost no mention of these calls or non calls.  Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.

agreed

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »

agreed
The ones that go against you are always the most noticed.  I believe the officiating this season has been generally quite poor.  Not bias, but poor.  We had a ton of no-calls that could have gone against us in each of the last 2 games.  Along with some very questionable ones that did go against us.  That crew last week thought we bought tickets to see them referee! 
I think the Rader no-call against EWU was perhaps the most blatantly bad missed call I've seen in YEARS.  Ref was right there and ate his flag!  That was a HORRABLE no-call, but nobody talks about it because we got credit for the catch and won the game. 

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2017, 12:32:12 PM »
Then remember back to the end of the North Dakota State game when coach Bo lost it on the pass interference call. That foul was way less of a foul than the other 2 non calls.  Makes you wonder.  I know in a game calls go both ways, but some of these sure stand out to me.

What made that call so bad was that two series earlier they didn't call interference on NDSU.  Wells threw about a 40 yarder to Harvin down the YSU sideline, and the NDSU corner had a big chunk of Harvin's jersey in his hand as  the ball was getting to him.  If you're not going to call that one, then you can't call the one that went against YSU.  The inconsistency is what had Bo so upset.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2017, 01:56:12 PM »

Said it before and will say it again, that was a huge thing. It was third down for them in OT and he threw it up and the wideout for Pitt made a great catch, but it should have never happened. The hold was so blantant. Anyway I have a great picture of it saved but can't post it on this site. It is an excellent picture of it.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2017, 04:44:17 PM »

Said it before and will say it again, that was a huge thing. It was third down for them in OT and he threw it up and the wideout for Pitt made a great catch, but it should have never happened. The hold was so blantant. Anyway I have a great picture of it saved but can't post it on this site. It is an excellent picture of it.

If you have the picture saved to a site or service (like Google or Yahoo photos, wndows photo) you can post the picture as follows:

Click on the icon above the smiley's that is for Photos (picture of a photograph) and paste the image URL between the "img" and "/img" tags. There will be brackets, not quotes on the tags ...please leave them for the URL to show.