Author Topic: Richmond Suing  (Read 76809 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Richmond Suing
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »
Here we go again... The kid wants to play. Can't blame him.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/36361580/malik-richmond-sues-for-spot-on-penguin-football-roster

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond Suing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »
Maybe this weekend

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:14:02 PM »
This course of events should not surprise anybody.  Contrary to what some believe, the United States operates under the rule of law.  Depriving a duly registered student of access to a campus activity SOLELY because others objected to his participation was an action that would never stand up in court.  So the mess continues, and the university administration brought this all upon themselves by pandering to the mob.  And for the fifth time let me say that I am not happy that this character came here.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:36:48 PM »
Why we bothered to invite him here, is behond me.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:41:20 PM »
So say he wins, so that means the judge forces YSU to play him?  Say the ruling forces him to be on the squad, but how can a judge tell how much he has to play.  Totally ridiculous.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 02:14:22 AM »
People,  I could care less.  The issue is that in the USA when you do your time, you are done.  Mayne not in the eyes of God.  Bit in the USA you are done after serving time

One person isn't going to make or break this team.  The reason why we get into politics on this site is because we have people on here ignorant of the individual rites and laws. We are a nation of laws.  Your opinion doesn't count in the court of law.  Of this person did his time, he likely has a right to play.

So let's think about this for a moment before stating the moral aspect of this issue..

I have my own thoughts bit thinks becoming a ridiculous scene because up to 5%........yes......5% of the male population has a problem with some sort of sex crime.  Hard to believe but true.  BTW female population is unknown

I have been educated in this area and I trust no-one around my daughter's.  The stat sausbot all
  5 out of 100.  How many people on each football team including practice squad?  How many in the student populations?  Sickening but real.  It is a real problem and not as prevalent in the USA as other countries
  So look around your FB friends and realize this.  Get educated on what to look for.  That's all you can do.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:23 AM »
This course of events should not surprise anybody.  Contrary to what some believe, the United States operates under the rule of law.  Depriving a duly registered student of access to a campus activity SOLELY because others objected to his participation was an action that would never stand up in court.  So the mess continues, and the university administration brought this all upon themselves by pandering to the mob.  And for the fifth time let me say that I am not happy that this character came here.
Wick is 100% right here.  Tha administration pandering to the mob is what brought this on.  I expect much more from JT.  Standing up for students is what made him who he is.  From Ray issac to Claret to Pryor, he has always stood by the students, even when they made obviously bad decisions. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
GODDAMMIT!!!!!! 

I had been telling people we didn't need this drama after such a positive 2016-2017.   People already hate Youngstown, in general, they hate "cheatervest" and can't stand Bo either.  Now look where we are.  This just sucks all the way around.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »
Wick is 100% right here.  Tha administration pandering to the mob is what brought this on.  I expect much more from JT.  Standing up for students is what made him who he is.  From Ray issac to Claret to Pryor, he has always stood by the students, even when they made obviously bad decisions.

Most of us posted on this website about this issue knew this is coming when the administration did not follow its own internal policy and cracked under pressure.
However, IMO, JT might be smarter than that. He might have figured out that this issue would ultimately end up in court. At that time, the judge would decide the outcome while removing the university from this mess.

Just like anything else, make the decision based on rules and regulations and not based on emotions.

It is lucky so far that he only sued the university to let him play. Pending on the next step taken by the university, YSU might have to take on organizations such as NAACP & ACLU for potential civil rights violation for denying him opportunities to possibly play for the NFL resulting in millions of dollars of loss earnings. While they are at it, they might as well toss the name of the person who started the petition into the law suit. Historically, these group could sue anyone and any organizations for alleged civil right violation. Baltimore, anyone!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »
JT and the administration pressured Bo into making him unable to play this year. This is gonna be a big black cloud over the city and the program. The kid is a good football player, Bo sought him out and brought him onto the team for that reason. This is gonna be bad... Bo is already throwing JT under the bus.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
GODDAMMIT!!!!!! 

I had been telling people we didn't need this drama after such a positive 2016-2017.   People already hate Youngstown, in general, they hate "cheatervest" and can't stand Bo either.  Now look where we are.  This just sucks all the way around.
It's only going to get more ugly in the days, weeks and months ahead. Protesters, National media, the hacking group anonymous you name it we have it. I seriously doubt if Richmond enrolled into YSU on his own, he was influenced by someone..take a guess!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »
This is all Bo vs JT now.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 10:37:33 AM »
So who goes first and how soon?  Tressel or Bo? 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »
I don't see either going but Bo brought this kid into this program. It was all him and so he's going to defend his guy. The only reason they made Malik ineligible to play this year is pressure from JT, Strollo and the administration so they're gonna come to blows at some point here. Btw, from what I heard in fall camp, the kid was regularly beating the 1st team O-Line. He's a strong, athletic kid on the outside who can play.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 12:25:22 PM »