Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: CCSU
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 10:59:48 AM »
Would love to play Akron,Kent,Ohio,BG rather than Bobby Morris or CCSU.  I'd do a 2 for 1 with us getting one year to their two at their place.   I accept the fact that they're FBS and we're FCS.  Additionally, YSU could get more exposure if these games are on ESPN, on a Thursday night.

I believe this discussion has come up a few years back. It was suggested that the big donors wanted an extra home game.

Since FBS teams would not come to play at FCS schools, we had to schedule D2 or lower ranked FCS schools (CCSU, RMU, Duquense, Dayton, Butler....).

I don't know if we could ever get a home/home series with the MAC teams or any FBS teams.
Trust me, it isn't about FCS FBS or 1AA and 1A it's about MONEY.  You offer OSU enough money (we absolutely couldn't do it) but if you did they'd play in the Ice Castle!

never ever happen. now a game in Cleveland maybe, but even imagining that may need more stretching that the circumference of the earth can offer.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
All about the money that's why the loges are being added their is a huge waiting list for them at about 20k a crack.  That's why buts in the seat don't really matter except for  amotosphere! 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
All about the money that's why the loges are being added their is a huge waiting list for them at about 20k a crack.  That's why buts in the seat don't really matter except for  amotosphere!

Is $20k per game or for all the home games in the season?