Author Topic: CCSU  (Read 16207 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
CCSU
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:07:10 PM »
They have 4 players suspended for this game. The final should be worse than Robert Morris was. This team stinks and we should roll even without Hunter. Need to keep building depth behind the starters. Savon should be back full time now and Bo said DJ Thomas is probably out for the whole year and will redshirt because of a blood clot issue.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: CCSU
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:37:46 AM »
They have 4 players suspended for this game. The final should be worse than Robert Morris was. This team stinks and we should roll even without Hunter. Need to keep building depth behind the starters. Savon should be back full time now and Bo said DJ Thomas is probably out for the whole year and will redshirt because of a blood clot issue.
terrible news about DJ, hope he returns to good health.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:53:03 PM »
Game should be 50-0.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:30:55 AM »
Game should be 50-0.
At least.  Depends how soon we go the the bench and what weaknesses we work on, but that sounds about right.  Wonder when the last time we had back to back shutouts?  1AA?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »
How about we assume it is 0-0 for now
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
How about we assume it is 0-0 for now
assume?  I thought is was actually 0-0 now? 

I get a kick out of fans talking about "staying in the moment,"  "focus on one play at a time, one game at a time," etc.  We are fans, we sit in the stands, and it doesn't make a bit of difference in what we think, say, or speculate about.  That only matters for the players and their coaches.  Tito and the Indians need to focus on tonight's game, but I can say, "We get this one then Carrasco and Kluber will get us to 25 straight!"   I can look ahead, it doesn't mean squat.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »
We should crush this high school team

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »
Rise and shine folks it's game day!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »
Did what we needed to do. Rest up and get ready for a big showdown in 2 weeks !

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
Your right chief tough slate ahead !! Score of interest in the valley South Dakota over #10 North Dakota today 45-7..and N.D. wanted to join the conference good luck with that☺

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 06:46:29 PM »
Missouri Valley looking tough again. South Dakota, SDSU, and NDSU looking like tough games. But also, WIU and Illinois State look good. Conference going to be a tough bloodbath as usual. Hoping we get at least two out of the three SDSU, South Dakota and NDSU slate. If we can do that and do well in the rest of the conference games playoffs again is likely.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
The replay on the screen was a joke. Most of time, they played the rotating block Y.
When Mays made the TD run down the left side, it totally faked me out. I  was hoping to see the replay.They never even showed it. They showed his face and number following by the rotating block Y. When the game resumed, they showed the game live.
They showed the live game while the live game is played. Yet, they would not show the replay of the critical touch down or good plays.
I wonder who was running the replay score board.

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 09:34:34 PM »
played a below average Pitt team and 2 cupcakes.  now the season starts.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »
I thought Ricky Davis looked good.  We may need him.  Could be a movie plot in the making.

Of all the QB's I think he throws the best and runs the best.  I know he let everyone down last year, but it wasn't because he couldn't throw or run.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 03:21:29 PM »
I thought Ricky Davis looked good.  We may need him.  Could be a movie plot in the making.

Of all the QB's I think he throws the best and runs the best.  I know he let everyone down last year, but it wasn't because he couldn't throw or run.

Many of his throws were questionable last year. He also had trouble reading the defense and going to the secondary receivers when primary receiver was covered.
I like the guy. He wants to contribute to the success of the team. With a good group of receivers and running backs, Wells is a better fit. We need a better passer first, better runner next.