Author Topic: INSTANT REPLAY  (Read 7207 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
INSTANT REPLAY
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »
Anyone know why the potential TD catches of Patterson and Scott did not go to instant reply review?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: INSTANT REPLAY
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:21:57 PM »
Replay is only during conference games.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »
I thought that might be the case, but didn't know for sure.  Thanks Chief.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 12:42:54 PM »

Do you know why? Is it a cost issue for the university? I thought Isiah Scott caught the TD in the end zone but the ref called it incomplete. Replay would definitely help if that was a close game.

It was not a conference game at Pitt and yet instant replay was shown on the jumbo Screen and were available to and utilized by the refs.

I believe YSU did not show the replays on the score board if they  were controversial and yet Pitt replayed every play on the Jumbo Screen including controversial plays, for both teams.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:37:36 PM »

Do you know why? Is it a cost issue for the university? I thought Isiah Scott caught the TD in the end zone but the ref called it incomplete. Replay would definitely help if that was a close game.

It was not a conference game at Pitt and yet instant replay was shown on the jumbo Screen and were available to and utilized by the refs.

I believe YSU did not show the replays on the score board if they  were controversial and yet Pitt replayed every play on the Jumbo Screen including controversial plays, for both teams.
I believe you are right on the YSU not showing close call replays.  What good is it if you don't show the close ones?  You are also right about Pitt.  If Pittsburghers can handle it, Youngstowners can handle it!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

I believe you are right on the YSU not showing close call replays.  What good is it if you don't show the close ones?  You are also right about Pitt.  If Pittsburghers can handle it, Youngstowners can handle it!
I know they definitely did not show controversial replays (if the calls were against YSU), especially if replays were not in use for the refs.They must be afraid the fans would riot (LOL)

They didn't show it when replay was in use because they might contradict the refs' decisions resulting in a riot (LOL).

The bottom line is, they don't want the fans to find out the truth.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:10:10 PM »
Our team has the worst  ref's going. Why do they do this to us ?  It is the same  crap every week. I never knew of a worse  group of refs than we face every week .

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »
Our team has the worst  ref's going. Why do they do this to us ?  It is the same  crap every week. I never knew of a worse  group of refs than we face every week .
The officiating crew last week was terrible.  I didn't see them as biased against one team or the other, just simply bad.  Tons of long conferences on the field, missed calls both ways. 

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 02:45:30 PM »
I've never understood not showing more replays on the board. Why not show more big plays? We don't move that quickly on Offense it wouldn't interfere. I enjoy a second chance to watch a nice play develop from a different angle than I saw it live.

Not showing controversial calls is mind boggling.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 03:03:14 PM »
I've never understood not showing more replays on the board. Why not show more big plays? We don't move that quickly on Offense it wouldn't interfere. I enjoy a second chance to watch a nice play develop from a different angle than I saw it live.

Couldn't agree more! On both points.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »

I also agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »

Our in game atmosphere is second to just about everyone. It's honestly embarrassing. PA announcer calling the wrong names and numbers, no replays.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »

The problem is that they only have cameras on the East stand. They can only confirm or overturn the plays when they can be viewed from the East stand. The Wells goal line play couple years ago (ISU?) was overturned because the play was facing the cameras where the ref judged his knees touched the ground before the ball crossed the goal line. If he turned the other way where the cameras could not view his keens, we could have won that game.

I cannot understand why cameras were not added to the West stand?

If you are going to use the replays, do it right or don't do it at all.

Pitt used the replay in the Pitt game to decide whether Rader had fumbled that ball (ref ruled he did not). The Jumbo screen must have shown that played from several different angles at least 10 times since Pitt wanted the replay to overturn the call.

However, how many time would they have shown that replay if the ref had originally ruled it a fumble, we would never know.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »

Our in game atmosphere is second to just about everyone. It's honestly embarrassing. PA announcer calling the wrong names and numbers, no replays.

Right!Remember!  People on TV saw and hear the same thing. How does it help our program?