Author Topic: YSU to Allow Beer Sales During Games  (Read 7075 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU to Allow Beer Sales During Games
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:57:58 AM »
So, I remember seeing it discussed on the site as a possibility a few months back in a thread. Well, it is official now!
http://www.wfmj.com/story/36293945/ysu-allowing-beer-sales-at-penguin-football-games

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU to Allow Beer Sales During Games
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
'Bout time!  Last state school in ohio?  Another example of "strollo leads the pack" huh guys?
chick is pittiful talking about Saturday being the first home game,  Bet she's never even been to a game!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
First home game that I am at, if beer is being sold I will definitely buy in stadium (well I say that now, and will change my mind if its $9 a beer)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »
First home game that I am at, if beer is being sold I will definitely buy in stadium (well I say that now, and will change my mind if its $9 a beer)
it was 10.50 in club seats for Pitt.  Incredible! 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
Bout time.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:43:59 PM »
it was 10.50 in club seats for Pitt.  Incredible!

Those Pitt fans sat near me kept drinking beers in the second half. They were almost drunk by the end of the game. The all woke up and cheered during overtime. Downed another beer when Hunter threw the INT.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »
People have been taking alcohol in the stadium illegally for decades. Mostly flasks with a little hootch and or shot glasses. Its not like they check for that sort of thing when they take your tickets. Believe me if people want to keep a buzz for the game or stay drunk they will find a way !!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:45:43 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
People have been taking alcohol in the stadium illegally for decades. Mostly flasks with a little hootch and or shot glasses. Its not like they check for that sort of thing when they take your tickets. Believe me if people want to keep a buzz for the game or stay drunk they will find a way !!
While that's all true (speaking from years of personal experience) I don't get your point.  Is this good or bad? is legal sales good or bad?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
I don't see it impacting attendance really at all, but if it helps generate a little bit more money for the program, I'm all for it.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
Depends some on pricing.  If somewhat reasonable, it will help.  It has everywhere else in America that sells beer.
The whole experience is what you are selling.  5th Avenue being torn up next year will hurt, because the whole experience isn't as good.  Better seats would help.  A club seating section would help.  I better seating experience on the away side would help.  Fireworks on night games would help.  Discounts for veterans and active duty military would help.  It is a whole experience and YSU is very negligent in recognizing and addressing the total shopping experience.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
Beer sales seemed to have gone well.  They only had one place selling beer. Had two people selling so the line went fast.   Five bucks for a 16 ounce beer.   They took credit cards .   

They said next week they will have two places selling and by week 3 there will be three and will soon sell from the concession areas

Oops!!  Was 5 buck for a 16 oz!! 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:45:15 PM by Buddy »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Beer sales seemed to have gone well.  They only had one place selling beer. Had two people selling so the line went fast.   Six bucks for a 16 ounce beer.   They took credit cards .   

They said next week they will have two places selling and by week 3 there will be three and will soon sell from the concession areas

Thanks for the price update, I wasn't at the game and was just wondering what it was in the other thread. Doesn't seem too expensive. Not cheap, but not that bad either.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 11:16:15 AM »
Beer sales seemed to have gone well.  They only had one place selling beer. Had two people selling so the line went fast.   Six bucks for a 16 ounce beer.   They took credit cards .   

Did they raise the price? I got the 16oz. Coors light for $5 just before the game. Even with only one location, there were little or no waiting.
I hope they don't move it to the concession stand where the line is incredibly long.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 12:46:29 PM »

Did they raise the price? I got the 16oz. Coors light for $5 just before the game. Even with only one location, there were little or no waiting.
I hope they don't move it to the concession stand where the line is incredibly long.

Sorry!  It was 5 bucks!  They said they would have multiple locations.  Was good and cold as they had it on ice!