Author Topic: Robert Morris  (Read 31687 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Morris
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
Well to be fair they got plenty of push the first 2 quarters. We couldn't stop the run at all. Getting Savon back will help a lot. He's one of the best interior guys in the league.

You have to wonder, I know we ended up doing well defensively in the second half, but would we have been better in the first half with Savon? I think we would have. Would it have helped against the run is the question. We got gashed by the run game in the first half. Could have changed the game. Great what ifs. Still, YSU showed some heart against Pitt.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
16 to 18
You 'gotta be wrong.  we have 9 in our tailgate group alone!

(should be closer to 20 I would hope!)

This made me chuckle  ;D

Sad to say, I cannot attend. I work a dayshift this Saturday from 6am to 6pm. I'll be watching on my phone provided things aren't busy and I don't have to be attending to emergencies at work.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 08:49:03 AM »
16 to 18

This made me chuckle  ;D

Sad to say, I cannot attend. I work a dayshift this Saturday from 6am to 6pm. I'll be watching on my phone provided things aren't busy and I don't have to be attending to emergencies at work.
YO is out, I revise my estimate to 19
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
14-15K max - count not butts in seats..  Weak OOC opponent, 2 PM game (people doing chores, yard work etc. so the can watch OSU at night & Clev & Pit on Sunday).

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
16 to 18

This made me chuckle  ;D

YO is out, I revise my estimate to 19

I think it wiould be less than 12. On Wednesday, I was at the ticket office selecting my seats after receiving free tickets from YSU. THe lower sections (other than 3, 4,5 ) were almost all empty. If it is the same for the upper sections, I can't imagine we will have more than 12k unless RM fans and our students pack the Easi Stands.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »
I will make this one post about attendance, then never comment upon the topic again.  Our fan base is half of what it was in the 90s.  Only an intelligent, aggressive marketing arm could rebuild some of the numbers.  Obviously, we don't have that.  So moaning about low attendance is pointless.  Enjoy the games and stop living in the past.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »
I will make this one post about attendance, then never comment upon the topic again.  Our fan base is half of what it was in the 90s.  Only an intelligent, aggressive marketing arm could rebuild some of the numbers.  Obviously, we don't have that.  So moaning about low attendance is pointless.  Enjoy the games and stop living in the past.

Agreed.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
Wick is right.  Youngstown has lost have its population.  The majority of the town is fixed income, pension and low end  type wage earners.  People expect handouts and free tickets.  Where the money is is the loges and corporate sponsors.  Why do u think they are building more of those. The days of 17-20k are gone.  Plus students on campus for the most part don't care.  I think in the old days at least 2k would show up it seems now we are lucky to get 500. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »
Gameday peeps. Let's get a blowout

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »
 :) I predict 8000. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »
Small crowd. Wells hurt.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »
Everybody wanted Mayes you got him. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »
Everybody wanted Mayes you got him.

Only I-AA Fan. That's his boy.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
The stadium sounds like a library.  No amotsphere.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »
For everybody who hated on Wells, you can see he is probably the best qb we have on the roster right now. Nothing against Mays, but he hasn't played the cleanest today. Again not knocking him. I do have faith he will win this game. But was watching this at work on my phone and noticed Hunter was out as soon as we got to redzone. Wasnt sure if he was hurt or if I missed a bad throw and Pelini wanted Mays in or something. I assumed he was hurt. ESPN guy didn't even mention the wells injury from what I heard. Admittedly have had spotty cell coverage and missed entire plays with the feed freezing so he may have mentioned it when I couldn't hear.