Author Topic: Robert Morris  (Read 31431 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Robert Morris
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »
Home opener week is officially here. Robert Morris edged Dayton by a field goal on Saturday 13-10. We need to role in this game and cant have a repeat of 2015 after the Pitt game. Does the Northeast conference offer more scholarships for football then years past? Watched some of their game against the flyers and they both appear to be better program's then previous years

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Morris
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:27:40 AM »
Bobby has some athletes. I believe they have an FBS transfer QB. Need to come out swinging and put this one away early. Get the younger kids some playing time to help continue to build the depth.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »
Chief, plus it's their 1st win in 17 years against Dayton. Across the board they are just as big as us if not bigger with very good speed. They have very tall wide-outs that can go up and get the ball and a very hard nosed running back that is a local kid from Northeast ohio..Need to be ready know doubt about it

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »
Fever, I think that I read somewhere that the NEC offers 45 scholarships.  Not sure if that is accurate or if RMU offers their maximum.  One thing to keep in mind about their game with Dayton; the Flyers played without their veteran starting quarterback.

The next two weeks are all about us: how the young guys develop and if we can sustain the intensity that we demonstrated in the second half.  The letdown against RMU in Bo's first season (before the culture change) is unlikely to repeat itself.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/duquesne-hawaii-matchup-adds-to-nec-visibility-083116

I think it says here about scholarships. Honestly a lot of kids played last week.  These games give experience to the backups and hopefully the starters get protected if we can blow these teams out early. Truthfully we all know we struggle with these games intensity wise.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:25:30 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:07 AM »
Chief, plus it's their 1st win in 17 years against Dayton. Across the board they are just as big as us if not bigger with very good speed. They have very tall wide-outs that can go up and get the ball and a very hard nosed running back that is a local kid from Northeast ohio..Need to be ready know doubt about it
What's the old cliche?  "size doesn't matter"?  Well, in this case it doesn't.  While RMU may be as big up front as YSU, YSU is about as big up front at the Browns.  Quickness and strengh are a factor, not just bulk.  This was a last second win against Dayton, but we should clean house without a doubt.  The last time following Pitt should be a wakeup call for YSU. 
Anybody who reads these threads may have noticed I have been concerned about DE play.  Well, Reid didn't disapoint!  We got beat up front, both sides of the ball, nearly every play in the first half, but the second half was a complete turnaround.  Great coaching job!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
Should be a 20+ blowout.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 12:25:27 PM »
Pitt probably felt the same way. How about the play from the new faces on the offensive line and Ragland filling in on the Defensive line? Narduzzi was just besides himself that his front five on defense couldn't get any kind of a push the entire game in his post game conference. That was one nervous coach on the sidelines in the 4th quarter
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:04:57 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »
Well to be fair they got plenty of push the first 2 quarters. We couldn't stop the run at all. Getting Savon back will help a lot. He's one of the best interior guys in the league.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »
Pitt probably felt the same way. How about the play from the new faces on the offensive line and Ragland filling in on the Defensive line? Narduzzi was just besides himself that his front five on defense couldn't get any kind of a push the entire game in his post game conference. That was one nervous coach on the sidelines in the 4th quarter
If Pitt thought the same as ytown and go guins, then there should be some issues.  First, we are fans and can thing whatever we want.  Players and coachs need to stay in the game.  Second, we have a win, a one score loss and an OT loss in the last 3 trips to Pitt.  At some point if they think we are 20-30 point cupcakes then Narduzzi, staff and players ought to wake up.  I bet this is our last trip to Pitt with Pelini.  They have nothing to gain, but are getting close to a few loses.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 01:50:00 PM »
I noticed in the polls that we went up a couple spots with the Pitt loss and EWU dropped with their loss.  I watched a lot of the EWU - Texas Tech game and EWU showed NOTHING.  You don't know anything about anybody until there are a few games under the belts, but Pitt was certainly better than TT last year.  Cupp was good, but not that good.  EWU hosts NDSU Saturday, and that should tell us something.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
Not sure if they are all starters, but the Bison have 3 players suffer ACL tears and are done for the season. Two additional players will be out 6 weeks with knee injuries as well..total of 5..ouch!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:16:48 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »
Not sure if they are all starters, but the Bison have 3 players suffer ACL tears and are done for the season. Two additional players will be out 6 weeks with knee injuries as well..total of 5..ouch!!
That hurts to even read.  I wouldn't wish that on the Steelers!  (well.................................. no, I really wouldn't)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 07:13:54 PM »
Anybody know if Wick will be done by saturday ?