YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Prediction 2017: How many W's? Playoffs? Frisco?

(1/3) > >>

YSUGO:
8 wins. Playoffs yes!   Getting back to Frisco takes some luck and staying healthy!  We got a taste of it but damn but I think the Pelini bro's can pull it off .... Frisco here we come!!!

Wick250:
How competitive we can be at Pitt will give us the early indication about the ceiling for this team.  It should help that NDSU and SDSU are at home.  7 wins gets us in; 8 wins seems quite possible.  After that so much depends upon the whims of the selection committee.  I still can't believe how weak our side of the bracket was last season, with NDSU, SDSU, Villanova, and James Madison all placed on the other side.  It would help again if we were placed in the pool with teams that play no defense (Eastern Washington and Jacksonville State.)  I don't care how potent their offenses might be.

ytownchief22:
Not really sure what to expect from the defense. Offense should be okay as long as McCaster and Alessi can handle the load. I will guess an at large playoff bid but not expecting a deep playoff run like last year.

OleYSUfan:
I'm getting excited; the Pitt game is rapidity approaching!! This season will depend a lot on our offensive line. They must be able to pass-protect Wells because frankly he is not good at scrambling!! The O.L. must create holes for our running backs. The defensive unit is suspect and especially the secondary.

The offensive needs to average 28+ points/game. The Pitt game will give us a good view of our strengths and our weaknesses. Then it's up to the coaching staff to make the modifications. After the Pitt game; we have 2 cream puff games that allow the staff to get things in order.

I believe the team should win a minimum of 7 games and probably get an at large bid, but there are many unknowns until you actuality play against your competitors. We will all see in 2 weeks.   

GO PENGUINS   

FOOTBALLFEVER:
8 wins and playoffs if we stay healthy and clean..James Madison is off to a bad start with 6 players suspended

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version