Author Topic: Free Pitt Game tickets for Military and First-respondents  (Read 5812 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Free Pitt Game tickets for Military and First-respondents
« on: August 11, 2017, 04:38:42 PM »
Military (active and retired) active and retired first-respondents get up to 4 free tickets each to the game:

http://pittsburghpanthers.com/sb_output.aspx?form=22

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Free Pitt Game tickets for Military and First-respondents
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
Military (active and retired) active and retired first-respondents get up to 4 free tickets each to the game:

http://pittsburghpanthers.com/sb_output.aspx?form=22
Damn nice idea by Pitt!  You've got 20,000 empty seats, put somebody in them.  Maybe you make a new fan, maybe you sell time $20 and collect $10 parking instead of -0- Just the kind of creative thought the sports marketing department at YSU is so famous for. (NOT)
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 08:48:42 AM »
It is actually required by the ACC for all teams. Most major colleges are doing the same. We have had military appreciation day for many, many years.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »
It is actually required by the ACC for all teams. Most major colleges are doing the same. We have had military appreciation day for many, many years.
Which is the same as saying "YSU does NOT make the same offer for military tickets", correct?
And my point was, it's a great idea and something somebody should have picked up on.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
Which is the same as saying "YSU does NOT make the same offer for military tickets", correct?
And my point was, it's a great idea and something somebody should have picked up on.

Just to be fair, as shown on the YSU athletic website: Nov. 18 is the Military Appreciation Game.

However, as in typical YSU information, it does not say what it is (salute to them, free tickets to them or Buy one get one free?)

Nov. 18 vs. Missouri State | Noon

Senior Day
Team Photo giveaway courtesy of Medical Mutual and 21 WFMJ
Military Appreciation Game
YSU Tailgate Radio Show in the M-70 tailgate lot (Live on 570 WKBN)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »

Just to be fair, as shown on the YSU athletic website: Nov. 18 is the Military Appreciation Game.

However, as in typical YSU information, it does not say what it is (salute to them, free tickets to them or Buy one get one free?)

Senior Day
They listed the free photo.  Best guess, buy a ticket at full price and get a "thanks" from YSU. 
Somebody tell me that taking a stadium that is NOT full and putting some military persons in the seats is a bad idea?  For those of you trying to make excuses for YSU's sports marketing department, please note: Pitt does it and YSU DOES NOT!   They are too lazy to even copy somebody elses good ideas, much less come up with their own.  JT should be embarrassed and step make some changes.
I'm sending an employee to YSU for a class in social media marketing for small business.  First time on campus, so I sent her to the parking deck and on to Williamson.  Parking deck is CLOSED for repair.  She eventually found another parking lot and was walking around lost looking for Williamson.  She said some guy in a YSU golf cart stopped and asked if she needed help.  He directed her to Williamson and told her to park in the new Barnes & Noble until the deck reopened.  Who do you suppose it was?  Yep, that Jim Tressel!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »

Senior Day
They listed the free photo.  Best guess, buy a ticket at full price and get a "thanks" from YSU. 
Somebody tell me that taking a stadium that is NOT full and putting some military persons in the seats is a bad idea?  For those of you trying to make excuses for YSU's sports marketing department, please note: Pitt does it and YSU DOES NOT!   They are too lazy to even copy somebody elses good ideas, much less come up with their own.  JT should be embarrassed and step make some changes.
I'm sending an employee to YSU for a class in social media marketing for small business.  First time on campus, so I sent her to the parking deck and on to Williamson.  Parking deck is CLOSED for repair.  She eventually found another parking lot and was walking around lost looking for Williamson.  She said some guy in a YSU golf cart stopped and asked if she needed help.  He directed her to Williamson and told her to park in the new Barnes & Noble until the deck reopened.  Who do you suppose it was?  Yep, that Jim Tressel!

It gets better. On this Thursday (the first class), YSU is expecting 20,000 at the stadium for a rock concert. In order to accommodate the tail gate parties, they will close 8 parking lots early afternoon.

I am teaching 2 classes that night. Good luck to the students who will be trying to find the parking spaces. We have already lost 3 parking lots due to the construction for the 3 new student apartments.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 02:32:16 PM »
Oh, yes, reminds me of "the good old days" back in '67-'71 with "the mud lot" and on street parking etc. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 03:13:01 PM »
Oh, yes, reminds me of "the good old days" back in '67-'71 with "the mud lot" and on street parking etc.
My first game in 66 was in Rayen High school, aka the mud lot. The captain was the middle line backer. He used to lead the team out of the locker room running down the 50 years line holding the game ball.

A few years later, we both received our graduate engineering degrees and worked in the same company. I still saw him in some of the games.

ytowngirl

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
Or they can put free tickets up on https://www.vettix.org 

Great website, free tickets, small processing fee that supports veterans/active duty.